Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ave, are you up for any suggestions? :)  (Read 16556 times)
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2008, 11:19:56 pm »

Hi,

I have never skinned before and so far my skin is turning exactly like I want it to.  Very pleased with the intuitive controls of your program and how streamlined the process is.
I'm not sure if you're taking any suggestions, but skinning would be a lot more easier (I believe) if these were added.  Not sure how difficult it may be to program it into VSB, though.  :roll:

1.  A search box would be nice.  For instance, I could search or help someone to a particular image easily when I enter "IMAGE#471" into the search box.
2.  The ability to "refresh" the theme preview instead of "Stop Testing -> Test".  I work recursively so there's a lot of back-editing and testing on-the-fly.  Would this ability be possible to add?

Thanks!
-Kerry
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:43:45 am »

Thanks for the suggestions!

SearchBox
Can you give any details on how you think it should work? Stuff like:
 + should it work on property values only
 + should it work on classname/elements (like a filter search as in itunes or vista explorer)
 + VSB re-numbers all image numbers for efficenty, so they will have been changed after you save once, how to deal with that?

Refresh
Should be possible, I need to think of a way to incorporate it into the UI
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:18:53 am »

I've added a Reload Test button to the next build :)
[attachment=0:3vw9g6o4]reloadvsb.png[/attachment:3vw9g6o4]
patrickgs
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 06:07:39 pm »

I have the same suggestion here... A Search Box would be really help to find images faster :)
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 01:19:02 am »

Quote from: "AndreasV"
+ VSB re-numbers all image numbers for efficenty, so they will have been changed after you save once, how to deal with that?

Possibly?
DannoCampbell
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 03:57:49 am »

why dont you add Undo Buttons to the program? would bea great addition
geoken
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 06:35:14 pm »

I like Panda X's suggestion. There are a lot of threads online requesting the resource for certain UI elements.

In many situations I could probably theme faster if I just had a flat list of all images and I could scroll through them quickly to get to the element I need to edit. Ideally this list would still have the ability to edit a single state in that image (VSB's best feature IMO) and it would keep the original image names.

I'm using VSB 80% of the time right now, but there's still that 20% of the time that it's faster to use reshacker because I already know the image names I need to edit.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:06:53 pm »

Undo: that's really really hard to implement.
Image list: VSB changes the image numbering with every save for technical reasons, how should they be listed then since you cannot list them by number/name. By the way, a quick way to list all images is to do a propertyy-search on IMAGE.
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 08:05:38 am »

I was thinking it would be good if the updates could install over the previous version so you wouldn't have to uninstall the previous version first.
ThatDude
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 03:16:44 am »

I am a person who has never skinned anything before using your program (I like it by the way). One thing I think it can use, though, is the ability to "tell" the user what options in the pertain to each of the parts of Vista's GUI. I was thinking of some kind of interactive picture. When the user clicks on a certain part of the picture, like a task bar button or something, the user would be informed of what options pertain to and how they each affect that part.

I am aware that there is a guide coming out soon, so maybe the guide will have the same effect as my idea.

~Joe
DannoCampbell
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 06:34:19 am »

its something small and i no may seem not useful, but how about a export all images button. the export all button, will export all the images in the VS in to a location of your choice. this would allow users to quickly see what images do what and allow to combine parts of other themes into one.
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 03:49:38 am »

Personally, I would like an undo button also. It is rather frustrating.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: