Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pachenko 8.1  (Read 18791 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2014, 10:17:11 pm »

This is Pachenko 8 by Charleston2378: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pachenko-Windows-8-458318752
I updated for Windows 8.1.1 for people not using SIB+ for fun and because I like the theme.

Fixed the JumpList and titlebar text background (as best as I could do seeing it has a gradient). Added the Start/App screens popup menu and switched the AMAPs to get the correct modern apps minimize and close animations. Added a static textcolor, changed the tab body background and added a Barrier Page. Otherwise I left everything else alone.

It contains a shellstyle ready to be used in OldNewExplorer so you don't have to change anything in ExplorerFrame, Shell32 or wucltux. Only thing not covered is the timedatecpl.

I made the theme using a custom classmap and shellstyle made by MrGrim: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/63105-Custom-Class-Maps-for-WSB-1-5-5-6

I was able to switch AMAPs because for some unknown reason this works with an 8 msstyle but not with a 8.1 msstyle.

The fonts in the preview picture are because of a registry hack that I didn't want to redo. The fonts will be fine for you.

The file is attached below
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:05:40 am by 3am » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:32:33 pm »

Attached is another 8.1.1 version that is for people that use StartIsBack+.

Everything is the same except that I didn't touch any Start Menu resources and so didn't fix the JumpList. Supposedly SIB+ will take care of that. I'd test myself but I don't use a Start Menu.
charleston2378
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 08:30:08 pm »

Great thanks for the update 3am    Smiley
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:00:32 pm »

It's a really nice theme. It was a pleasure to update it. Do whatever you want with the updates Smiley
charleston2378
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 01:07:47 am »

How update a theme to use a shellstyle for OldNewExplorer
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 05:33:08 am »

I used a custom ClassMap and Shellstyle made by MrGrim you can find here:

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/63105-Custom-Class-Maps-for-WSB-1-5-5-6

First I had to replace the ClassMap in AveApps/Windows Style Builder/Data/Win8 folder with the one made by Grim. I used the one in Win8 because yours is a 8 msstyle. I saved the default ClassMap elsewhere.

Next I opened  the msstyle in WSB, tested and saved it. I reopened it and found new Parts like

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Shine Layer
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Shine Layer

which correspond to the bitmaps which in 7 are the images for the side and top panels in Control Panel. You can put images in here which will be referenced in the UIFILES in the custom shellstyle that you'll use with OldNew Explorer. In your case I didn't bother and just let them go to the backup Fonts & System Metrics > WINDOW:COLOR.

But I did put  BGTYPE:ENUM > IMAGEFILE properties and values in them. I did this so they will show up if I replaced the custom ClassMap with the default one later. You HAVE TO put something in the new Parts and States or they won't show using a default ClassMap.

You'll see all the new Parts and States in the msstyle you will need to do this for if you look at the UIFILES in the custom shellstyle resources or do a DiffTool text.

I also added a textcolor to the new Part and State: Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text > Normal.

You can either keep WSB working with the new ClassMap or bring back the default one. If you bring back the default one then the new Parts and States will have numbers instead of names after you test, save & reopen. Like the ones above will now be

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > 1 etc.

Sounds complicated but once you get it and do it a few times it's not that hard.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:36:43 am by 3am » Logged
charleston2378
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 02:07:00 am »

this is great but my problem is I can´t use any other different shellstyle from another theme and make it work I get Explorer windows freeze all white inside any window and I have to restart Explorer,  I try doing like pandax tutorial using a resource folder , with the Update One Resource Button this way shellstyle works but  image background don´t shows in  ControlPanel NavigationPane Background , how can I make this work you have any ideas ?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 05:05:15 am »

You have to use BOTH a msstyles made in WSB with a custom ClassMap.xml AND a custom shellstyle. Not just one or the other.

Not just any shellstyle will work. It's got to be one with system file resources like the one in the link above to work with OldNew Explorer.

Not any msstyle will work. Only one that is edited and saved using a custom ClassMap like the one in the link above that has the new Parts and States referenced in the custom shellstyle like the NavigationPaneBackground for example.

So you need both in order for it all to work right.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 01:02:39 pm »

Anyway I was just telling you one simple way of doing it. You can do it other ways.

1) You don't have to use a custom ClassMap. Just have your UIFILE edits point to places already in your msstyle.

2) You don't have to use Grim's custom shellstyle. Make your own. Make your own Resources with your own edited UIFILES.

Up to you how you want to do it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: