Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First xp to vista style port  (Read 13269 times)
Taie
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2009, 02:57:59 am »

Recently purchased a copy of Vista StyleBuilder for an xp visual style I just have to have on vista 64 bit.  I've never done this before so bar with me if I sound like a newbie Cheesy

This is the style I want to port for personal use:  http://uac-marine.deviantart.com/art/AXONKOLOR-VS-50860808

I tried starting out by just letting VSB port the style, but that didn't work.  So I decided to use a fresh aero style and copy all the colors, values, and images over to recreate it.  Some of the images so far have worked fine, taskbar backgrounds for all parts of the taskbar, etc.  I'm running into big problems with the start button(it loads, but doesn't change when I test), and even bigger problems with sizing bar left, right, top, and bottom, VSB keeps crashing when trying to import.  I can't find a style that has those images to compare sizes.  I'm fairly decent with computer customizing with certain things, but I'm starting to get rather frustrated Sad

Is there a decent soul on these boards to help a new girl out?  Could anyone look at the style and tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I could do different?  Any help I can receive would be much appreciated.

Thankyou in advance.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 05:07:48 am »

I checked the XP-theme and it seems to use some rather unusual small images, I suspect that is where Vista is choking on.

Are you sure you are replacing the correct startbutton? In vista, there are actually 3 different ones, plus each DPI setting has a custom one.

Could you reproduce the crash exactly and tell me exactly on how to reproduce it? Thanks.
Taie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:22:44 am »

I'm using two open VSB's, clicking on the taskbar sizing bar left, right, bottom or top.  Exporting the one in the old style out, and importing it back into the new style, and thats when it crashes, for each of those four things.  Those are the rainbow images, which just really *make the style.  I hope I can keep them but I'm not sure what the problem is. 

As for the start button, I've only replaced one of the three images, but when I did(using the one from the axon style), it crashed it and when I reloaded the image is still in there like I imported it right but I'm not sure.  Everything else has gone okay, I got all the taskbar background images done, though it seems to be turning kind of blue, I expect that is because I need to change the aero style color later.

I really truly appreciate the help.  You know how it is when you get your heart set on having something and then everything you do doesn't work>  Lol, that's how I feel today.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 05:31:23 am »

I can't really reproduce the crash  Sad Can you send me the MsStyles file you are working on?
Taie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 05:40:09 am »

I sent it on a pm, but not sure it went through.  http://files.filefront.com/AxonKolorPortrar/;12863088;/fileinfo.html  Thankyou for helping me.
Taie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:28:18 am »

Have you had any luck figuring out why it's crashing?  I'm not sure what the size of those sizing bars are supposed to be.  I don't really know how to fix it.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 01:32:26 am »

I can't at all reproduce the crash, can you post some system specs?
Taie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 01:38:55 am »

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit SP1

Intel Core2 Duo E7300 2.66 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT

Anything else you need to know?

Also, try reproducing the crash by opening the Axon xp style and trying to import the taskbar sizing bar graphica (any of them top, bottom, they all crash it) into my axonkolorport style.  Can you tell me what happens?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:40:28 am by Taie » Logged
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 04:17:18 am »

I can do the exact same thing you described without problem. This is either a x64 problem (which I will check shortly) or another app is causing crashes (this happens pretty often).
Taie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 10:33:38 pm »

Thankyou very much for checking it out.  I recently had to reinstall, so I'll be starting work on this again probably tonight.  Hopefully it won't happen anymore.
Taie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 02:13:28 am »

Sadly enough I don't think I understand enough about this yet to be able to port this for now.  Maybe I'll try again one day.  *sadface
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 08:22:35 am »

Any updates?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: