Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Move/Add Images Video  (Read 14838 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2010, 08:01:31 pm »

This is a little trick I'm going to share with anybody who doesn't already know about it.

http://www.screencast.com/t/54MPLMTIDWG
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:25:17 pm »

Cool
Jerry
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 04:32:14 am »

Hehe, thanks for sharing.  I do a lot of this kinda of shortcuttery (wotd) outside of VSB so naturally I try them in VSB and it works.

Here's another one:  Instead of using the dialog to import images, you can just click and drag the image into the preview part of the program and it'll ask if you want to stretch or replace.  I have to resort to this otherwise VSB would be totally broken for me (common dialogs fail to show up after testing).  It might need the filename property for it to hook on, but it works for me in most cases.  Not sure if it still captures the Shift key when you import it that way.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 05:35:35 am »

Hehe, thanks for sharing.  I do a lot of this kinda of shortcuttery (wotd) outside of VSB so naturally I try them in VSB and it works.

Here's another one:  Instead of using the dialog to import images, you can just click and drag the image into the preview part of the program and it'll ask if you want to stretch or replace.  I have to resort to this otherwise VSB would be totally broken for me (common dialogs fail to show up after testing).  It might need the filename property for it to hook on, but it works for me in most cases.  Not sure if it still captures the Shift key when you import it that way.

Just so everyone knows this only works with replacing and not adding images.
rajtheeban
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:47:46 pm »

Thx  for the trick !
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 03:06:09 pm »

I came up with an idea on easing the ability to copy props like theses. Both are in my 1.6 docs.

1) TemplateHacks (Feature Idea)

TemplateHacks are like stylehacks except they only apply to inherited classes. You can take a TemplateHack of Explorer::TreeView and apply it to TreeView. Since it's inherited the parts and states remain the same. This way you can override inheritance easier.

2) Copy/Paste property (Bug Fix)

Copy and pasting an image property almost works. Due to the way WSB is made images can't be shared so it gives it a new number. However it doesn't actually create a duplicate image. So you have the property pointing to a non-existent image. (Messing with this can cause VSB to crash, you'll have to delete it and create the property again).
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 04:22:31 pm »

I don't really understand #2.

1) In one of my blur stylehacks I used this method to copy & paste an image & it's properties. It worked: the image showed up.

2) In another blur stylehack I used this to copy & paste an image & it's properties from ANOTHER msstyles. This also worked.

In neither case did VSB crash.

If the properties are pointing to a non-existant image how does an image with the correct properties show after copying & pasting?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 04:51:53 pm »

I don't really understand #2.

1) In one of my blur stylehacks I used this method to copy & paste an image & it's properties. It worked: the image showed up.

2) In another blur stylehack I used this to copy & paste an image & it's properties from ANOTHER msstyles. This also worked.

In neither case did VSB crash.

If the properties are pointing to a non-existant image how does an image with the correct properties show after copying & pasting?

http://www.screencast.com/users/ThePandaX/folders/Jing/media/dadf3573-04f5-432e-ba57-10ceff091095
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: