Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashes? [bug?]  (Read 11718 times)
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 17, 2008, 08:53:31 pm »

VSB crashes often... any help on the matter?
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:41:41 pm »

Any more information? When does it crash, etc.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 10:40:50 pm »

VSB hasn't crashed but once for me.  Huh?
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 03:44:31 am »

It just crashes randomly when I'm working on anything. Quite inconvenient.
mik2b
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »

I saw that it usually crashes when I unlogged my user (or suspend my computer) and later I try to test my visual style.
It doesn't happen always, but sometimes.
BillyBuerger
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 03:55:22 pm »

I just started playing around with VSB and have had a lot of crashes.  I can consistently cause it to crash by doing this...

1) Start a new style
2) Go to Windows and Caption Buttons->Basic->FrameLeft
3) Edit the image. (Using Paint.NET)  If I don't make any changes it doesn't crash.
4) Close my image editor to return to VSB
5) crash!

This has been happening with a lot of images that I try to update.  At least in the window frame area.  Start button and taskband toolbar buttons I was able to update without any problems.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 01:37:10 am »

Do you happen to use Vista without SP1 installed?
BillyBuerger
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 05:32:40 am »

Nope.  I've had the same issue on two different PCs.  One with Vista Buisness x64 and one with Vista Ultimate x86.  Both with SP1 and all patches applied.
BillyBuerger
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 11:34:28 pm »

Oh, just tried it on a third Vista PC.  This is my wife's laptop with Vista Home Premium 32bit with SP1.  Doesn't crash when I do the same things that causes the other two systems to crash.  Only thing different other than home vs business and ultimate is that this one was pre SP1 when I got it and has since been upgraded to SP1.  Although I also haven't had the same issues I've noticed on the business one with "unsigned drivers".  I can and have installed RMClock, CrystalCPUID and Ultra Defrag on this laptop without issue.  As I've been trying these on my vista business PC, I'm running into all sorts of headaches with signed drivers that apparently was added with SP1.  I remember having issues with SP1 on this laptop at first.  i think I uninstalled it once or twice.  Maybe something went funky where it's only partly installed or it just thinks it's installed when it isn't.  Hmmm.

Were you suggesting that I shouldn't have SP1 installed?
BillyBuerger
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 05:28:01 pm »

Just tried the fix from this thread about saving from Paint.NET as 32-bit png (not auto-detect which is what it uses by default) and my crashing appears to have gone away.  Wu-hoo!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: