Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha PNG images don't import properly (fixed)  (Read 9056 times)
InTime
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2009, 12:26:41 pm »

Hi,

Every time I modify an image via Paint.net OR import a PNG transparent image, the resulting image is several shades darker (i.e., a light blue transparent image will appear as dark blue with a lot less transparency).

Here's an example:

The image on the left is the original image and when it gets imported into Win7 StyleBuilder it changes to the image on the right which is a lot darker and has less transparency. Definitely not the color that I want!

Is there something that I can do so that the images keep their original color and transparency?

I tried this on my Vista system and also on my Windows 7 system and I get the same results. I have Windows Style Builder 1.5.0.0 which I downloaded today so I guess it's the most up to date version (not sure why I didn't get 1.5.0.3). It also did this with version 1.4.0.0...

I tried everything humanly possible to try to get this working...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

InTime
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:16:57 pm by InTime » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:01:11 pm »

VSB converts the alpha into some odd format that Windows uses. If you don't use the alpha converter (Shift+Import) graphical glitches are more than likely going to occur.
InTime
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 06:15:05 pm »

VSB converts the alpha into some odd format that Windows uses. If you don't use the alpha converter (Shift+Import) graphical glitches are more than likely going to occur.

So if I use Shift+Import it should work? If that's all it takes then I'll be really happy!

Thanks for your help and fast reply,

InTime

P.S.: I'll let you know if this works or not a bit later... Thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:17:16 pm by InTime » Logged
InTime
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 08:16:05 pm »

Alright! It worked! Man am I ever happy  Smiley

Thanks a million Panda X!

InTime
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: