Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Menu background color  (Read 18483 times)
Spitzen
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Windows 7 Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2008, 05:12:18 pm »

Hi,

does anybody know how I can change the menu background color in VSB? I mean the red marked path of the following screenshot:

sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:33:15 am »

Try either:

Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Basic > NonTopmost > Background

Or:

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Explorer Bar > Rebar > Background

I'm pretty sure it's one of those images. Or both..
Spitzen
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Windows 7 Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 08:25:58 am »

Unfortunatley, both don't work for me :(
I'll try it again later...
Spitzen
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Windows 7 Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 06:01:34 pm »

Does someone has got another idea solving my problem? [See the screenshot above]
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 10:18:05 pm »

I think I got that by searching 'rebar' in the search field.  The rebar = the menubar if I remember correctly, so at least you'll know that it's one of the search results (there are quite a few rebar's).  You can do the hit and run method I use when I can't figure it out, but first save your .msstyle.  Then mke a 1x1 hot pink pixel and save it as .png, import the 1x1 hot pink pixel to your first search result and when prompted, resize it, refresh the theme, look at menubar and see if anything changes.  If not, then go to next search result, import 1x1 hot pink pixel, reload...

It's a tiresome process, but you'll find what you need... maybe quicker than it would take for someone to post a solution here  ;)
Spitzen
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Windows 7 Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 12:19:35 am »

Well, there were only 2 or 3 results, which had an image. But for me nothing has changed :(
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 12:31:22 am »

It might be that Photoshop is playing wrong and is using the wrong way to draw the menubar.

Using a tool like Winspector (http://www.windows-spy.com/) you can find out what Class the menu bar is by target-selecting it with the targetting tool. I would do this myself, but I don't own a copy of Photoshop.
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 01:47:54 am »

Quote from: "Spitzen"
Hi,

does anybody know how I can change the menu background color in VSB? I mean the red marked path of the following screenshot:

1.for applications, like photoshop [active and inactive image] , List, menu, Tabs > menu > bar background
also on  List, menu, Tabs > menu > bar item    is the button  that is using when mouse over, pressed etc also you can change the text color for mouse over , pressed etc

2. for explorer windows, you can find it on :   toolbars headers and rebar > Rebar > Rebar    
and on : toolbars headers and rebar > Rebar > Default > background

there are also other 2 menu background images on  toolbars headers and rebar [ toolbars headers and rebar > Rebar > browser tabbar ,  toolbars headers and rebar > Rebar >Nav bar> basic > base > Non top most > background ].

also  :  Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Explorer Bar > Rebar > Background

-------------------------

TO AVE  and to Panda x : please is there a way possible [any chance] to add  different mouse over text color on explorer = i mean on elements exist on toolbars headers and rebar section ( for example : toolbars headers and rebar > Rebar > Rebar    and on  toolbars headers and rebar > Rebar > Default > background )  or a button image ?
 [on 1. applications as i have written it is possible but on explorer section ?]

----
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 02:47:41 am »

- Idas

To change the text color on the menu bar with mouseover, try this http://http://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33
Spitzen
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Windows 7 Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 02:49:22 am »

Thanks you so much idas!
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 11:22:42 am »

Quote from: "sweatyfish"
- Idas

To change the text color on the menu bar with mouseover, try this http://http://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33

Quote from: "psygn"

By default, Vista uses the black text color even under highlight in the toolbar/menubar, which isn't bad but it isn't consistent with the rest of Vista's menu's and isn't the best choice for optimum contrast and visibility.

This was something that bugged me and I had trouble finding it as I assumed it was in the 'Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics' section, but today I found it!
It is modifiable under "Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Toolbar > <default>".  Change the "HOT" and "PRESSED" TEXTCOLOR:COLOR property to white or your desired highlighted text color.

Here is the result (FYI, I modified the overlay color in the preview):

thank you sweatyfish for reply and post link,  thank you psygn for your search and finding, thank you Spitzen for your kindness.

-------------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: