Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant save my themes  (Read 8559 times)
chiwou
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:20:22 pm »

Actually I am little disappointed I bought this tool because the website said that I can edit and create win 7 themes, but in 9 of 10 cases I can't save the edited theme or the app just stopped working, I don't know about the Vista compatibility, I switched from XP to Win7.

I got my copy from the MSDN and use the final of Win7, I read in another topic that maybe the problems is that the developer don't have the final of win7 and so he can't test it, but then its not a good idea to advertise that the tool works with Win7.
If there is a beta version or something, I had no problems to be a beta tester Wink

take care =)
Chris-
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:30:39 pm »

You are right, Windows 7 support is very broken and it shouldn't be advertised just yet, imo.
Hopefully Ave gives us a working Windows 7 Style Builder soon...
Eoin
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 11:45:51 pm »

My experience is that it works just fine under Win 7. But you have to implement the fix mentioned here about the FirstImageId first. After that any themes worked on previously should be resaved.
chiwou
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:12:49 pm »

My experience is that it works just fine under Win 7. But you have to implement the fix mentioned here about the FirstImageId first. After that any themes worked on previously should be resaved.
I did that and I think it has nothing to do with the crashing of VSB Wink
soldiers33
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 06:47:24 pm »

i get the same problem as you when ever i want to save a theme or test it I would get erros or it would stop responding. One way Ive sorted this out is when you select a theme to edit select the default aero theme in the resources folder, then save it as anythin you want and it will save and work properly. If you get a testing error, then try changing an image and it should work fine for me it does anyway. sometimes you may have to press save or est themes a couple of times until its successful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: