Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TemplateID's in 7 Shellstyle  (Read 36568 times)
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: August 29, 2009, 08:58:25 pm »

Hey Guys,

i'm trying to get the Folderbandbackground changing to concerning Foldertype (Documents,Music,Photo,Generic) as in vista.

has anyone of you an idea where to get the right ID's or if the ID's still work??
the ID's i used below, i've taken from Shell32.dll/Library.xml-Files but no success

here is my textpart of the shellstyle.dll/Uifile.txt:

</style>
<style resid="FolderBandStyle">
<Element
background="argb(0, 0, 0, 0)"
/>
<TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 2, 1), window)" />
<!-- when using only the line above it works, but with one background for all folders Sad ), when activating the following lines, the shell crashes: -->
<if TemplateID="{FDD39AD0-238F-46AF-ADB4-6C85480369C7}">
<TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 2, 1), window)" />
</if>
<if TemplateID="{4BD8D571-6D19-48D3-BE97-422220080E43}">
<TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(MusicPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 2, 1), window)" />
</if>
<if TemplateID="{33E28130-4E1E-4676-835A-98395C3BC3BB}">
<TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(PhotoPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 2, 1), window)" />
</if>
</if>

<!-- Original Text
<TemplateBackground background="themeable(Gradient(gtc(CommandModule, 2, 0, 3810), gtc(CommandModule, 2, 0, 3811), gtc(CommandModule, 2, 0, 3812), 3), window)" />
-->
<if id="atom(FolderBandShineLayer)">
<TemplateBackground
background="dtb(CommandModule, 1, 0)" ...and so on...
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:12:33 pm »

Mine works though I didn't use TemplateID's as it's redundant.

See here: http://pastebin.com/m6283e571

Preview: http://www.cubeupload.com/files/1cdc00colours.png

Note: The one on pastebin doesn't have gameslayoutstyle modified.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:56:44 pm by Panda X » Logged
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 06:58:11 am »

Thanks alot Panda, i've tested it, but it changes only the previewpane, too..  Huh?

this far i am already, (panes, textcolors, and shinelayer are traced separately from the msstyle.)

but the folderband background (commandmodule) cannot be changed yet..

in vista uifiles, it's identified via Template-ID's and the question is, if it's possible here, and which ID's should taken.
(the vista-ID's don't work)

or if there is another solution ?

sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:20:17 am »

it seems not to work with TemplateID's anymore.

i've tested the vista original ones, the new in shell32.dll/library

and these ones here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd378457(VS.85).aspx
(which are equal to the shell32.dll ones, but here are the libraryFolders listed, too)

i guess the syntax has changed from TemplateID to knownFolderID or something like this.
but unfortunately i have absolutely no experience with xml syntax,
maybe no Id'S are needed, just a Style-ID like "DocumentsPreviewPaneControl"

has anyone of you an idea how to get the Folderband part working with multishell?
CoLnE
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 05:16:33 pm »

Thanks alot Panda, i've tested it, but it changes only the previewpane, too..  Huh?

this far i am already, (panes, textcolors, and shinelayer are traced separately from the msstyle.)

but the folderband background (commandmodule) cannot be changed yet..

in vista uifiles, it's identified via Template-ID's and the question is, if it's possible here, and which ID's should taken.
(the vista-ID's don't work)

or if there is another solution ?

How did you change the size of the font in detail panel ? can you show me how to do it ?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:42:44 pm »

it seems not to work with TemplateID's anymore.

i've tested the vista original ones, the new in shell32.dll/library

and these ones here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd378457(VS.85).aspx
(which are equal to the shell32.dll ones, but here are the libraryFolders listed, too)

i guess the syntax has changed from TemplateID to knownFolderID or something like this.
but unfortunately i have absolutely no experience with xml syntax,
maybe no Id'S are needed, just a Style-ID like "DocumentsPreviewPaneControl"

has anyone of you an idea how to get the Folderband part working with multishell?

The template IDs don't even match those listed there.
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 07:27:57 am »

How did you change the size of the font in detail panel ? can you show me how to do it ?

ok, i will post later when at home..
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 07:29:45 am »

The template IDs don't even match those listed there.

That means, the TemplateID's listed here are the wrong, but it still should work?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 11:33:16 am »

That means, the TemplateID's listed here are the wrong, but it still should work?

Those aren't template IDs. You can try but I highly doubt they'll work.
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 06:06:15 pm »

you have to change the metadata Elements Font in the concerning Folder parts in the shellstyle.dll/uifile.txt for example

<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataTitleControl)"> <MetadataElement font="16;Normal;shadow;Segoe UI"  height="24rp" />

but there is a more elegant solution by installing a Font in W7SB in the Shell-Section and then %Foldertype%PreviewpaneControl (Generic,Documents,etc.)
for example: font="gtf(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"

so you can set and change the font in W7SB, but i took the first way to activate Textshadow.

if you need a working example, look into the shellstyle.dll/uifile.txt of http://giannisgx89.deviantart.com/art/Longhorn-Air-Theme-Final-133440457

meanwhile changed the uifile, that the shellstyle draws the textcolor from msstyle, but thats another topic..
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 06:10:26 pm »

Those aren't template IDs. You can try but I highly doubt they'll work.

no they don't.. i don't find them, also registry doesn't give me a working foldertypeID.

but it sounds, that you know the solution and let us stumble in the dark  Wink
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 09:33:48 pm »

no they don't.. i don't find them, also registry doesn't give me a working foldertypeID.

but it sounds, that you know the solution and let us stumble in the dark  Wink
The TemplateIDs aren't in the registry either. Which you now know.
CoLnE
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 11:54:21 pm »

you have to change the metadata Elements Font in the concerning Folder parts in the shellstyle.dll/uifile.txt for example

<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataTitleControl)"> <MetadataElement font="16;Normal;shadow;Segoe UI"  height="24rp" />

but there is a more elegant solution by installing a Font in W7SB in the Shell-Section and then %Foldertype%PreviewpaneControl (Generic,Documents,etc.)
for example: font="gtf(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"

so you can set and change the font in W7SB, but i took the first way to activate Textshadow.

if you need a working example, look into the shellstyle.dll/uifile.txt of http://giannisgx89.deviantart.com/art/Longhorn-Air-Theme-Final-133440457

meanwhile changed the uifile, that the shellstyle draws the textcolor from msstyle, but thats another topic..

i have tried to modify  font="gtf(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)" in uifile.txt for all 4 tipe of document but when i aplly the theme the explorer freeze and wont work anymore. i dont know what i've done wrong, but i wanet to ask you if you can port giannisgx89 shellstyle to windows 7, fonts, size of the fonts and colors for all 4 tipe of style.
Here you have attached the shellstyle modified by panda x for multishellstyle that i used in my theme. the theme is Longhorn Air7 that was a project begin by giannisgx and i want to finish this theme and this is the last thing that i have to do to the theme  ... thank you very much.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mnmijw3zno3
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 09:23:17 am »

i have tried to modify  font="gtf(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)" in uifile.txt for all 4 tipe of document but when i aplly the theme the explorer freeze and wont work anymore. i dont know what i've done wrong, but i wanet to ask you if you can port giannisgx89 shellstyle to windows 7, fonts, size of the fonts and colors for all 4 tipe of style.
Here you have attached the shellstyle modified by panda x for multishellstyle that i used in my theme. the theme is Longhorn Air7 that was a project begin by giannisgx and i want to finish this theme and this is the last thing that i have to do to the theme  ... thank you very much.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mnmijw3zno3

btw, i made the uifile in LH Air (Vista) and what i'm working on, is the port. but i still fail to get the multishell-Folderband working,
so please understand i will not post it until it's done.
when your theme crashes, i guess, you didn't put a font in this msstyle part, so it won't work.
if you take panda's shellstyle, there are already the graphics in this part, so you should know what to do.

sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 09:28:24 am »

The TemplateIDs aren't in the registry either. Which you now know.

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.
i now have no more interest for finding it out.
CoLnE
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 11:59:07 am »

btw, i made the uifile in LH Air (Vista) and what i'm working on, is the port. but i still fail to get the multishell-Folderband working,
so please understand i will not post it until it's done.
when your theme crashes, i guess, you didn't put a font in this msstyle part, so it won't work.
if you take panda's shellstyle, there are already the graphics in this part, so you should know what to do.

i will try again but i dont understand something. ... probably that i didnt make the replacement right ... so here is what i did made ...

in the uifile i have made this replacement:

<style resid="genericlayoutstyle">
........... and i go down until .............
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataSubTitleControl)">
<MetadataElement font="gtf(TEXTSTYLE, 4, 0)" height="18rp"/>

and i have replace that with

<style resid="genericlayoutstyle">
........... and i go down until .............
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataSubTitleControl)">
<MetadataElement font="gtf(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>

and i have done the same changes for documents, music and photo.

Then i have open the vsb, and i have added font in the Explorer & Shell -> Shell -> PreviewPaneControl -> Generic:Edit -> EditText and i have added font property to this and all the subdivisions (normal, hot, etc) and didnt work.

so if you can show me an example how to do, for generic folder for example i will apreciate that very much.
thank you a lot for all the help and be patiance with me.
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 12:40:55 pm »

when you put a text in Generic you have to link in shellstyle to font="gtf(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>

with Documents to font="gtf(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>
with Music to font="gtf(MusicPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>
with Pictures to font="gtf(PicturesPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>

don't forget the height="xxrp" in the end of the line !! (it's not the font height, but the Height of the element itself (if the font is larger than the height, it cuts off)
and place a font in every edit-tree, but directly in the Edit-Text, not in the subdivisions
CoLnE
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 05:24:09 pm »

when you put a text in Generic you have to link in shellstyle to font="gtf(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>

with Documents to font="gtf(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>
with Music to font="gtf(MusicPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>
with Pictures to font="gtf(PicturesPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0)"/>

don't forget the height="xxrp" in the end of the line !! (it's not the font height, but the Height of the element itself (if the font is larger than the height, it cuts off)
and place a font in every edit-tree, but directly in the Edit-Text, not in the subdivisions

i try it again and i really dont know where i'm vrong  Cry i can make it work ... i have replaced all the font in shellstyle .... and the true its that is the first time when i do this ... if you can post a part of the code, for generic, to look at him and see how did you replace the font and where and apply to my shellstyle and other folders ... or if you can send me the shellstyle cuz i dont want to complicate to much, and in my theme for the commandbar i use only one color ... thanks
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 07:08:33 pm »

before you jump from the roof  Wink

here is the gerneric part (in the other parts you have to change the textxcolor description Music,Photo and place some textcolor im msstyle, and you have to
put a image in the GenericEdit BackGround subfolder, and later in the others too !!!)

<MetadataElement ThemeSubApp="GenericPreviewPaneControl" />

<if id="atom(clientviewhost)">

<ViewHost

foreground="windowtext"

background="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3802), window)"

sortcolumn="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3802), window)"

subtext="ARGB(255, 139, 139, 139)"
animation="rectangle|s|fast"

/>
</if>
<if id="atom(listview)">
<DUIListView
animation="rectangle|s|fast"
/>   

</if>
<element id="atom(animation)" animation="rectangle|exp|fast"/>

<MetadataLabel foreground="themeable(gtc(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)" fontstyle="shadow" />
<MetadataElement foreground="themeable(gtc(PreviewPane, 7, 1, 3803), windowtext)" fontstyle="shadow" />
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataControlEditable)"><MetadataDisplayElement foreground="themeable(gtc(PreviewPane, 7, 2, 3803), windowtext)" fontstyle="shadow" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataEditControl)"> <InPlaceEdit foreground="themeable(gtc(PreviewPane, 7, 2, 3803), windowtext)" fontstyle="shadow" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataSubTitleControl)"><MetadataElement foreground="themeable(gtc(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)" fontstyle="shadow" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataTitleControl)"> <MetadataElement foreground="themeable(gtc(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)" fontstyle="shadow" />
</if>
<if id="atom(ItemCountLabel)"> <MetadataLabel foreground="themeable(gtc(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)" fontstyle="shadow" />
</if> <PreviewMetadata padding="Rect(10rp, 5rp, 10rp, 3rp)" /> <MetadataDisplayElement contentalign="bottomleft | endellipsis" />
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataRow)"> <Element height="18rp" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataControlEditable)"> <MetadataDisplayElement cursor="ibeam" />
<if KeyFocused="true"> <MetadataDisplayElement contentalign="focusrect | bottomleft | endellipsis" />
</if>
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataEditControl)"> <InplaceEdit contentalign="bottomleft | endellipsis"/>
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataReadOnlyControl)"> <InplaceEdit contentalign="bottomleft | endellipsis"/>
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewForceLoadMetadata)">
<Button background="themeable(dtb(PreviewPane, 2, 1), ARGB(0, 0, 0, 0))" foreground="gtc(FlyoutStyle, 3, 3, 3803)"
cursor="hand" contentalign="bottomleft" font="9;Semibold;shadow;Segoe UI" height="18rp" />
<if MouseFocused="true"> <Button background="themeable(dtb(PreviewPane, 2, 2), ARGB(0, 0, 0, 0))" />
</if>
<if KeyFocused="true"> <Button contentalign="focusrect | bottomleft" />
</if>
</if> <PreviewThumbnail padding="Rect(18rp, 14rp, 4rp, 4rp)" background="ARGB(0, 0, 0, 0)" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataSubTitleControl)"> <MetadataElement font="10;Semibold;shadow;Segoe UI"  height="18rp" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataControl)"> <MetadataElement font="9;Semibold;shadow;Segoe UI" contentalign="bottomleft | endellipsis" />
</if>
<if id="atom(ItemCountLabel)"> <MetadataLabel font="16;Normal;shadow;Segoe UI" contentalign="bottomleft | endellipsis" height="24rp" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewMetadataSpacer)"> <Element height="18rp" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewEditMetadata)"> <Element height="18rp" />
</if>
<MetadataLabel padding="Rect(0rp, 0rp, 3rp, 0rp)" font="9;Semibold;shadow;Segoe UI" contentalign="bottomright | endellipsis" height="18rp" />

<Sizer background="ARGB(0, 0, 0, 0)" /> <if SlidesUpAndDown="true"> <Sizer height="5rp" cursor="sizens" />
</if>
<if SlidesUpAndDown="false">
<Sizer width="3rp" cursor="sizewe" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewPaneSizer)"> <Sizer background="themeable(ARGB(0, 0, 0, 0), buttonface)" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PageSpaceControlSizer)"> <Sizer background="themeable(dtb(PreviewPane, 3, 0), buttonface)" borderthickness="rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,0rp)" />
</if>
<if id="atom(ReadingPaneSizer)"> <Sizer background="themeable(dtb(PreviewPane, 4, 0), buttonface)" borderthickness="rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,0rp)" />
</if>
<if id="atom(ProperTreeExpandoSizer)"><Sizer background="buttonface" bordercolor="buttonhighlight" borderstyle="solid" borderthickness="rect(0rp,1rp,0rp,1rp)" height="4rp" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewPaneSizer)"> <Sizer InitialSize="53" MinSize="53" ReservedSpace="170" FramePersistType="2" />
</if>
<if id="atom(CommonItemDialogSizer)"> <Sizer InitialSize="100" MinSize="100" FramePersistType="2" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PageSpaceControlSizer)"> <Sizer InitialSize="160" MinSize="60" ReservedSpace="132" FramePersistType="2" ReservedMaster="atom(ReadingPane)" />
</if>
<if id="atom(ProperTreeExpandoSizer)"><Sizer InitialSize="120" ReservedSpace="26" FramePersistType="2" InitialMaxxedOut="true" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PreviewPaneSizer)"> <Sizer ExplorerVisibility="{43abf98b-89b8-472d-b9ce-e69b8229f019}" DisablingPolicy="{17067f8d-981b-42c5-98f8-5bc016d4b073}"/>
</if>
<if id="atom(ReadingPaneSizer)"> <Sizer ExplorerVisibility="{893c63d1-45c8-4d17-be19-223be71be365}" DisablingPolicy="{33dcce8d-b6f8-4b7a-ac93-45e301f956aa}" />
</if>
<if id="atom(PageSpaceControlSizer)"> <Sizer ExplorerVisibility="{cb316b22-25f7-42b8-8a09-540d23a43c2f}" />
</if>
<if id="atom(ReadingPaneSizer)"> <Sizer InitialSize="260" MinSize="68" ReservedSpace="202" GrowTargetFirst="true" ReservedMaster="atom(PageSpaceControlSizer)"
FramePersistType="3" InitialVisibility="false" /> </if>

<TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 3, 1), window)" />
<if id="atom(ReadingPane)">
<TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 3, 1), window)"
font="gtf(TextStyle, 4, 0)" />
</if>
<if id="atom(RPaneCoverSheet_NoSel)"><Element foreground="themeable(gtc(ReadingPane, 2, 0, 3803), windowtext)" background="ARGB(0, 0, 0, 0)" />
</if>

<if id="atom(PreviewShineLayer)"> <TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(PreviewPane, 1, 1), window)" />
</if>
<if Vertical="true" id="atom(PreviewShineLayer)"> <TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(PreviewPane, 1, 2), window)" />
</if>

</style>
CoLnE
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 08:34:36 pm »

i finaly figure it out how to do it ... thanks a lot ... i have one more question .... its about the color ... how to add color to each basic folder ... i mean that if i have the generic backgroud blue, the text color to be blue, in documents the backgrounds is green and the text color to be green and so on ...
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 08:48:04 pm »

the Generic text color is in this part in the text above: "themeable(gtc(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)"

you have to place a textcolor in the Edittext-Folder in 7SB

and so do it for

"themeable(gtc(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)"

and so on...
CoLnE
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 09:14:13 pm »

the Generic text color is in this part in the text above: "themeable(gtc(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)"

you have to place a textcolor in the Edittext-Folder in 7SB

and so do it for

"themeable(gtc(DocumentsPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)"

and so on...

yea but in shellstyle.dll for windows 7 i have only this line for generic:
<TemplateBackground background="themeable(dtb(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 3, 0), window)"/>
should i change it to
<TemplateBackground background="themeable(gtc(GenericPreviewPaneControl::Edit, 1, 0, 3803), windowtext)"/>
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 06:19:03 pm »

I found this in 5219's shellstyle

Code:
<!-- CLSID_DocPropEditBoxControl -->
<if controlclass="{A9CF0EAE-901A-4739-A481-E35B73E47F6D}">
<propertyelement layoutpos="client"/>
</if>
<if controlclass="{E2183960-9D58-4E9C-878A-4ACC06CA564A}">
</if>

So apparently if you want to get/use/do something with the CLSID you can "<if controlclass=""></if>"
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 07:26:58 pm »

I found this in 5219's shellstyle

Code:
<!-- CLSID_DocPropEditBoxControl -->
<if controlclass="{A9CF0EAE-901A-4739-A481-E35B73E47F6D}">
</if>
<if controlclass="{E2183960-9D58-4E9C-878A-4ACC06CA564A}">
</if>

So apparently if you want to get/use/do something with the CLSID you can "<if controlclass=""></if>"

it still seems not to work, i've changed the "TemplateID" to "controlclass" and checked the classes again, but 7 won't accept it.

these are mine ID's:

Documents: {FDD39AD0-238F-46AF-ADB4-6C85480369C7}

Music: {4BD8D571-6D19-48D3-BE97-422220080E43}

Photo: {33E28130-4E1E-4676-835A-98395C3BC3BB}
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: