Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are the decent styles  (Read 18364 times)
Xeonz
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2009, 12:43:51 am »

? seriously this app has to yet to show anything decent come out of it... I wouldn't have thought it would be hard for anyone to come out with something better than the crap vista 7 aero style.. as a gui artist the last thing I would want to use it vista/win7 for the fact its got absolutely shit themes and would much rather make a better one, even though no one can get around the shitty explorer ui layout... aves own explorer apps don't work for that broken explorer junk.. the command bar should be made more customizable ..where is the ave app for that? tbh I should be blaming the microtards for being so useless...

but I have to yet to see anything that isn't awful or just as bad as aero come out of this app.. so either its the people buying it aren't very good... just amateurs.. or the program itself just isn't very good either so far from what i've read it seems to have more buggy issues.

until i see ave styler actually start to show some potential at being worthy of buying I certainly won't be bothering with it.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:22:23 am »

? seriously this app has to yet to show anything decent come out of it... I wouldn't have thought it would be hard for anyone to come out with something better than the crap vista 7 aero style.. as a gui artist the last thing I would want to use it vista/win7 for the fact its got absolutely shit themes and would much rather make a better one, even though no one can get around the shitty explorer ui layout... aves own explorer apps don't work for that broken explorer junk.. the command bar should be made more customizable ..where is the ave app for that? tbh I should be blaming the microtards for being so useless...

but I have to yet to see anything that isn't awful or just as bad as aero come out of this app.. so either its the people buying it aren't very good... just amateurs.. or the program itself just isn't very good either so far from what i've read it seems to have more buggy issues.

until i see ave styler actually start to show some potential at being worthy of buying I certainly won't be bothering with it.

Define "decent" for us (as in link us to some themes/skins/styles you like from XP, Linux, Windowsblinds).
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 02:20:32 am »

Let's see you out do us then. Until you make a "better" theme you can't bitch about other's themes.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 07:03:22 pm »

If nobody else will say it I will: VSB is a lifesaver. Goodbye to the nightmare days of resource and hex editors for msstyles. I wanted a particular kind of vs I could find nowhere but I was able to make one for myself and share it with others thanks to VSB and Resource Hacker. You will probably say my vs is garbage but it is nearly exactly what I wanted and I'm happy finally. 200 other people downloaded it in the first week so somebody must share my bad taste.
Sure, VSB is often cryptic and frustrating. I only understand some of it but everyday I understand more. And using VSB is easy compared to the old ways.
What have you done with VSB or anything else? Probably nothing. Now I know what that "try harder" element is for: YOU!
Xeonz
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 06:56:49 pm »

"The point was that he ought to "try harder" to do something himself before insulting what other people do. "

actually I don't need to try harder.. I already do a better job on my own gui skins including vstyles and applications.

"Until you make a "better" theme you can't bitch about other's themes."

I have done better.. I'm just not going to show you, think whatever you want.

"What have you done with VSB or anything else? "

StyleBuilder .. free trial, only bought it after seeing it was fairly decent (years ago)..  will I waste time buying something new that just by screenshots looks weaker..  no

[imn]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu41/3am_2009/capture22.png[/img]

"Awesome." eh? pfff I think your standards here for theme improvements are pretty low. Anyway had enough seeing this vis7a garbage. Its got a shitty default theme, layout and features like the shitty search.. but in the time this utility has been out in what beta? where are the improvements?  does this tool provide a quicker way of adjusting the shitty background title shadow settings?..
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:15:20 pm »

"The point was that he ought to "try harder" to do something himself before insulting what other people do. "

actually I don't need to try harder.. I already do a better job on my own gui skins including vstyles and applications.

StyleBuilder .. free trial, only bought it after seeing it was fairly decent (years ago)..  will I waste time buying something new that just by screenshots looks weaker..  no

"Awesome." eh? pfff I think your standards here for theme improvements are pretty low. Anyway had enough seeing this vis7a garbage. Its got a shitty default theme, layout and features like the shitty search.. but in the time this utility has been out in what beta? where are the improvements?  does this tool provide a quicker way of adjusting the shitty background title shadow settings?..
Let's see some evidence then.

VSB is more powerful than StyleBuilder. By miles.

That image is a reference image. People usually make these to show what something is and then reference its location in the tree.

What improvements? Read the changelog.

Yes you can change all the "shitty background title shadow settings".
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 09:06:11 pm »

Sounds like something a troll would say.
Xeonz
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 10:45:30 pm »

"Yes you can change all the "shitty background title shadow settings"."

like the blurriness? offset? and not just color...?

what about providing tweaks like adding title text to the explorer window...

and things like removing the shitty breadcrumb bar and just bring back the better addressbar? unless you can provide actual breadcrumb tweaks like padding distance customizations

obviously I'm not expecting a qttabbar replacement for shitty win7 explorer etc.. although its much needed.. but a lot of ave apps tweaks like being able to sort at the defaulty crap command bar shortcuts would be helpful. As I certainly wouldn't ever bother making a better visual style if I'd still have to put up with the noob shit MS thought was good.. even if it did have a better looking skin ontop of it than the crap Aero style...

"That image is a reference image. People usually make these to show what something is and then reference its location in the tree."

no I was getting at the actual all black style itself

"Sounds like something a troll would say."

maybe, but I'd rather be a troll than a noob... and I could back it up if I wanted.

Katsuo
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 05:58:35 pm »

Well it's not because Microsoft felt like making skinners' life harder that you have to come here and troll.
Some things aren't possible to make in Vista, some elements are hardcoded, and it's not Ave's fault or anything.
And about the 7 clones, I find them annoying too, but well if people like it then why not. Some skinners like me do make different things, though.
Not saying I'm an awesome themer, but damn, we don't all make 7 clones. So please shut your mouth, be happy with Linux or whatever you're using, and just don't flame these forums.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 08:05:44 am »

I think he's talking about a basic theme.. not one with all these 'personal' ideas and additions or childish colors. I modified a Vista msstyle a while back ago just to display corners rather than round edges and completely removed that annoying blue glow.

In my opinion, the best msstyle out there... it's basic, no clutter and inline with the default msstyle, just fixed it like it should look Wink   However, the Windows 7 msstyle I have is still a work in progress... but I no longer have the time to fix it, maybe someone here would be generous enough to port the vista version over to W7. Cheesy

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=713.0
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:08:49 am by Pychon » Logged
Camper
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 12:08:20 pm »

Yes , a free trial is really needed!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: