Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Request: Font Quality  (Read 12832 times)
UGeiges
Beginner

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:36:49 pm »

Would it be possible to add a new entry "not set" to the "Quality" drop-down list in the font selection dialog?

Selecting this entry should omit the Quality:xyz part of the font-property value completely.

This way the font-smoothing setting that the user selected in Control Panel (Standard or ClearType) is always used.

Uwe
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:34:10 pm »

Bump.

I also agree with this. Some fonts at smaller sizes get blurry because of the 'Quality' option. Without the Quality property, the fonts appear clearer. Unfortunatly, there isn't a way to remove this from the font option.

One way that could fix this is when clicking on a font property to edit, have a way to allow direct editing of the text (to simply delete the Quality portion), instead of bringing up the font choosing dialog box... or like above said, to have a null value.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:37:06 pm by sweatyfish » Logged
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:05:10 pm »

I'll have to investigate if this is possible in the MsStyle, if so, I'll add it for the next version!
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:25:27 pm »

It *should* be possible. When importing an XP style, the fonts it imports are missing the Quality property.

If you can make it for the next version, that would be great. I'm still using version 1.1.0.1, so that would be good reason to update.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:30:44 pm by sweatyfish » Logged
Katsuo
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:12:19 am »

bump, I'd need this too..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: