Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aero is not enabled when I activate my Visual Style... How can I fix this?  (Read 9935 times)
InTime
Beginner

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2009, 09:54:59 pm »

I did a visual style for Windows 7 build 7077 based on the original Aero Style that simply modifies the taskbar transparency... It works fine with AveStyler but if I try to change from Aero Style to my VS, within the Personalization explorer window, I get Windows Basic with no transparency instead of Windows Aero.  Same thing happens when I initially install my theme pack, it shows up as Basic and not Aero.

Is there a setting in Win7 StyleBuilder that will prevent it from switching to Basic all the time? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks,

InTime

P.S.: The only way I can currently get Aero is with AveStyler. My UXTheme is patched and works fine. When I reboot my system without the AveStyler Service (stopped), I get Aero but only if my VS was the active VS before rebooting. In short, if someone else wants to use my VS, they can't have Aero unless they have AveStyler to 'Enable Aero'!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:44:08 am by InTime » Logged
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:57:59 pm »

Did you change the name of the theme in the documentation section?
InTime
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:55:01 pm »

Yes. I renamed it back to Aero and now it works!

Thanks a million!

I am really happy that it's working now!

InTime
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 01:23:28 am »

Windows unfortunately hard-checks the name for being Aero -> if the name in the documentation section is not Aero, Windows will think it's a basic theme. That's why AveStyler comes with a theme-manager app Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: