Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visual Style Win7x64 problem  (Read 7514 times)
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:52:47 pm »

I have been experiencing an issue with Windows 7 X64 Beta 1...

When I apply a visual style made with Vista Style Builder 1.3, and restart the computer, I am unable to login.  I enter my password, and am thrown back to the login screen.

I enter via another account, and revert my uxtheme.dll to the original version and am able to log back in.  But if I keep aero as the default with the patched uxtheme.dll I have no issues.

I have emailed the guy who patches the uxtheme to let him know, and now I have posted here.
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:53:45 pm »

I have been experiencing an issue with Windows 7 X64 Beta 1...

When I apply a visual style made with Vista Style Builder 1.3, and restart the computer, I am unable to login.  I enter my password, and am thrown back to the login screen.

I enter via another account, and revert my uxtheme.dll to the original version and am able to log back in.  But if I keep aero as the default with the patched uxtheme.dll I have no issues.

I have emailed the guy who patches the uxtheme to let him know, and now I have posted here.
same exatly problem to my windows7   32BIT VERSION, ALSO same solution using aero as the default theme before shutdown .

also : there is another problem with vsb on windows 7.
as i said i should shutdown windows 7 , and for enabling restarting without problem i should first microsoft's aero theme, ok?
when i am on window7 if i use a custom theme made from vsb, if i close vsb, and i reopen vsb then when i try to open a visual style, the command open when is pressing giving a default aero theme and no choice to select any thing else.
 that means that the pop up window having the 3 choices 1: start a new visual style 2:open an existing visual style 3: import an xp style  does not appear.
solution : if i select microsoft's aero theme as  the theme of my system, then vsb works ok.
molinarosp
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:55:43 am »

Same problem here
please fix it
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:20:20 pm »

which beta version of win7 are you running? (build nr, eg 7.068)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: