Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Control Panel (Windows 8.1 Update 1)  (Read 33096 times)
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

Theme Designer since 2009

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2014, 06:25:25 am »

How would I go about adding the ability to load colors/graphics for these white areas on a windows 8.1 Update 1 style. Editing the shellstyle of an 8 theme works fine with an 8 theme but no longer works with my 8.1.1 version of the theme.

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 12:40:51 pm »

The simplest way is to use a custom classmap in WSB and a custom shellstyle for OldNewExplorer. I use the ones already made by Mr.Grim instead of making my own because it's easier.

Links and detailed description of how to do it are here: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2085.0
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:54:13 pm »

For example. You can get new parts using Grim's custom ClassMap

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > <1>, <2>, <3> and <4>

For the panel images that you can use with his custom shellstyle that contains shell32 resources that reference these new parts when used in OldNewExplorer instead of using bitmaps in shell32:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 04:02:11 pm by 3am » Logged
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 06:26:23 am »

Thanks! That did the trick, however.. There seems to be an issue with the windows brand images missing in system properties now. Also, do you know where the white lines are located?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:38:17 am by xXiNightXx » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 09:51:58 am »

Yeah that's because I also added that to the msstyles for easy access in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Branding Image

and also the genuine image or whatever you want to put there was brought back.

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 01:07:36 pm »

The white dividers: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=994.msg5143#msg5143

The white line under "Adjust your computer's settings" is Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > Library Title

The white lines in System are Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPaneLine
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:35:34 pm by 3am » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »

For the white separator bitmap image I have changed to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPaneLine with the shell32.dll UIFile 24 line 216 in mine.

Code:
      <if id="atom(taskseparator)">
        <element margin="rect(8rp,0rp,0rp,0rp)" background="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL,17,1),'')" width="2rp" height="15rp"/>
      </if>

I have also included my latest shellstyle.dll but be careful with this as I have added new properties to the standard UIFile 1 that if not added in the msstyles will make this fail to work and you will end up with blank explorer windows, mainly I have added a proper tree text property in  Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text that you will need to add before testing.
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 10:12:16 pm »

Where do I place the UI Files? Just in the main directory of the theme?

For the white separator bitmap image I have changed to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPaneLine with the shell32.dll UIFile 24 line 216 in mine.

Code:
        <element margin="rect(8rp,0rp,0rp,0rp)" background="themeable(dtb(CONTROLPANEL,17,1),'')" width="2rp" height="15rp"/>
      </if>

I have also included my latest shellstyle.dll but be careful with this as I have added new properties to the standard UIFile 1 that if not added in the msstyles will make this fail to work and you will end up with blank explorer windows, mainly I have added a proper tree text property in  Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text that you will need to add before testing.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 10:22:07 pm »

The UIFILES are already there if you are using the custom shellstyle:

otherwise just copy/paste them in

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:26:55 pm by 3am » Logged
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 10:30:47 pm »

The UIFILES are already there if you are using the custom shellstyle:

otherwise just copy/paste them in

Thank you very much. Im trying to get mire into the things I never really messed with before and this is a little on the big side at first XD

Last thing, is there any way to move the up directory button into the msstyle?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:36:58 pm by xXiNightXx » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 10:41:46 pm »

No I don't think so being an icon. I just disappear it Tongue

btw I changed the color of the separators by just changing bitmap 41 in the shellstyle BITMAP folder. Here I changed it to black:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:53:14 pm by 3am » Logged
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 10:56:28 pm »

Oh well XD  Would be nice if there was a way of doing it soon.. lol

Yeah I changed the sep image to new ones in the msstyle. Now its perfect Cheesy

Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 03:15:00 am »

No I don't think so being an icon. I just disappear it Tongue

btw I changed the color of the separators by just changing bitmap 41 in the shellstyle BITMAP folder. Here I changed it to black:

Is that where it was lol, oh well now there is 2 ways of changing it  Tongue
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 05:09:02 am »

Yeah i was surprised to see shell32 referencing a bitmap in the shellstyle.

I've stopped coloring the bitmap the same as the background to hide it . I just give it zero width in UIFILE 24 now Cheesy

<Element margin="rect(8rp,0rp,0rp,0rp)" content="graphic(41,0)" width="0rp"/>

A lot cleaner than my old way lol
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 07:32:40 pm »

Hey grim... I have another issue XD  How in the world is this happening? It only showed up the minute I used your dll.

Is that where it was lol, oh well now there is 2 ways of changing it  Tongue
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 08:05:47 am »

Can you explain a little better what it is I am looking at, aside from one of the explorer backgrounds being a different color?
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 08:59:19 pm »

Can you explain a little better what it is I am looking at, aside from one of the explorer backgrounds being a different color?

There is an odd gradient bg on the right picture but in some cases, it does not show up as shown on the left picture. I have no clue where its loading that gradient bg from.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 09:36:45 pm »

Is this the only Explorer window that has this?

I can't replicate it but just for the hell of it try Windows 8 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Barrier Page > <1> and see what happens
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 10:07:23 pm »

Is this the only Explorer window that has this?

I can't replicate it but just for the hell of it try Windows 8 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Barrier Page > <1> and see what happens

Nope. I will send you the files through pm. Maybe you could find it?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 12:11:03 am »

change Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Selected Property > Background image Cheesy
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 12:45:19 am »

change Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Selected Property > Background image Cheesy

oh my. I did not even know that was possible... XD

New possibilities just popped up into my mind on explorer bg styles... lol
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:51:01 am by xXiNightXx » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 01:01:45 am »

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:07:54 am by 3am » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 05:46:24 am »

Yeah. Using Grim's custom ClassMap you get to place different colors or images in all the item views which are referenced in EXPLORERFRAME_UIFILE > UIFILE 40960 in his custom shellstyle for OldNewExplorer:

Anyway none of this is new I just didn't realize Grim had included it in his classmap and shellstyle,

The reason you saw that background in small, medium and large icon views was because the shellstyle was referencing  Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Selected Property > Background in the msstyle but not the other ones because they weren't implemented.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:43:54 pm by 3am » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 03:21:21 pm »

That must of been one of my older shellstyle's then, i have now moved all those properties to a new area and restored Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Selected Property back to default.

Actually I have a question for 3am, what property is it to adjust the shadow under the image dimensions, I notice mine is very heavy compared to yours.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:25:10 pm by Mr GRiM » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 04:00:33 pm »

Hard to keep up with your stuff. I just grabbed it all from here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/63105-Custom-Class-Maps-for-WSB-1-5-5-6
some time ago. Is the new material there now?

Btw thanks for sharing this with everyone. Nice work!

About that shadow: I first thought it was because I had "Show shadows under windows" turned off but that doesn't seem to be the case. I once talked about that with Panda a long time ago and now I don't remember what he said. Maybe he can answer that for you
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 10:07:26 pm »

That must of been one of my older shellstyle's then, i have now moved all those properties to a new area and restored Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Selected Property back to default.

Actually I have a question for 3am, what property is it to adjust the shadow under the image dimensions, I notice mine is very heavy compared to yours.

Shadow is drawn by GDI, its thickness depends on the font itself.
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 09:47:59 am »

Anyone--

Would someone tell me the path in the newest beta (or in the shellstyle.dll)  for the white line (separator) that's visible in my Control Panel pictured below (when View by: Large icons/Small icons is chosen)?:

It's not there in View by: Category, just in the icons views.

If this was already answered, my apologies. And thanks ahead of time for any response!

Edit: I found it--

Using the new beta, in  Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > Library Title > Title

The image was a white gradient, which I re-colored to #1A1A1A, tested, and it seems to blend away now.

3am: I uploaded, a little while back, a port of Pachenko for 8.1 that I had gotten ahold of, in pretty rough form, from some guy at deviantART months ago...Well, I had forgotten the guy's name, and never heard from him again. So, I took "his" basic port of the vs, and since charleston said it was ok to port/modify/repost Pachenko, I decided to work on it....Now I did have some help, from Lamia (LDC) and neiio, with several things along the way. Like the jumplist fix, some images, etc.

But here's the thing I noticed when I downloaded the versions you have posted here: The ThemeId (in the .theme files) are identical. {58490E4B-74DD-4375-B09F-433511C44306} (is this something you put in there?)
So---If you are the guy who did the main porting in "my" version of Pachenko 8.1 then I owe you some recognition/credits. Like I said already, I was given a link for the rough (maybe 1st) version, basic port, by some guy who soon after removed the link and disappeared...Then I decided to finish fixing it up and upload it to DA. I would never try to claim responsibility for someone else's work, but people come-and-go on the Internet and I just figured the dude winked outa existence. I was unaware that you'd made the version posted here until Nguyen (link6155 there at DA) had commented on my upload that 'someone had beaten me to it' (porting Pachenko). And now that I've purchased VSB and set up an account here I have confirmed that for myself.

Anyway, if I need to give you credits at my DA upload, by all means let me know:    http://y-n-1-f.deviantart.com/art/Pachenko-8-1-vs-473765171

Cheers mate! ---jimmy
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:41:32 pm by YourNumbr1Fan » Logged
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 12:26:39 pm »

sorry, punched wrong button, please remove this post.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 12:44:56 pm »

No problems with me about that port whatever happened.

I did it for fun and said anybody could do what they wanted with it.

I saw yours when you put it up on DA. Looks good Smiley

Yeah I posted about that Library Title thing a long time ago here

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1855.0
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 01:21:14 pm »

No problems with me about that port whatever happened.

I did it for fun and said anybody could do what they wanted with it.

I saw yours when you put it up on DA. Looks good Smiley

Yeah I posted about that Library Title thing a long time ago here

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1855.0

Awesome, mate, thanks for understanding. And I'll add something about you porting the original just the same. I think it's the right thing to do, if that's OK with you.

Wink
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 01:45:55 pm »

Don't worry about it. I'm not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: