Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we move around the min/max/close buttons?  (Read 25684 times)
geoken
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:44:46 am »

Topic says it all. I thought it wasn't possible but then I saw Idas' theme were he reversed the (OS X -style). How much control do we have over their positioning?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 10:16:19 pm »

Quote from: "geoken"
Topic says it all. I thought it wasn't possible but then I saw Idas' theme were he reversed the (OS X -style). How much control do we have over their positioning?
He used a program that (in theory) made it switch sides as if it were in a locale that uses right to left reading. I'm pretty sure the locations of those are hard coded within DWM. I've spent weeks trying to figure out how and no luck.
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:17:23 am »

psycoB can do it...
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:59:16 pm »

Quote from: "iffy525"
psycoB can do it...
Care to explain what you're talking about? I haven't seen psycoB do it.
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 02:17:01 am »

It isn't a major repositioning but it still is repositioned.
It's his Vista Basic visual style and as you can see the buttons are on the top instead of in the middle.  I've never figured out how to do this...  If you know how though please tell me.
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 03:34:44 am »

You could use the diff tool to find out the differences between this theme and aero, for example :)
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 03:47:50 am »

I'm a noob to theme skinning, but if I remember correctly, he disabled (replaced with blank png?) the actual buttons and just modified the glyphs to look like buttons.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 04:24:42 am »

Quote from: "psygn"
I'm a noob to theme skinning, but if I remember correctly, he disabled (replaced with blank png?) the actual buttons and just modified the glyphs to look like buttons.
That method has been used and I advise against it as the location remains the same where or not it appears different. You could use the DiffTool to see if he changed the basic buttons properties or not.
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 11:33:09 pm »

It's his Vista Basic visual style and as you can see the buttons are on the top instead of in the middle.  I've never figured out how to do this...  If you know how though please tell me.

what i see here is a titlebar of 22pixels i height and not 29 of aero, that means the upper edge of the titlebar is near the midle buttons of basic , [i have done the same to one of my experiments trying to  make a transparent version for aero basic theme].
so its not mooved the buttons, just the titlebar is shorter.

-------------------
about move around the min/max/close buttons, perchaps Ave could help if he knows how leftsider works or anu other idea.
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 07:27:14 am »

Quote from: "idas"
[image]

what i see here is a titlebar of 22pixels i height and not 29 of aero, that means the upper edge of the titlebar is near the midle buttons of basic , [i have done the same to one of my experiments trying to  make a transparent version for aero basic theme].
so its not mooved the buttons, just the titlebar is shorter..
Well I just tried this and all it did was make the captionbar completely black.  Plus I am not making an aero style its a basic style like slanxp.
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 10:50:41 am »

[image]

so its not mooved the buttons, just the titlebar is shorter..
Well I just tried this and all it did was make the captionbar completely black.  Plus I am not making an aero style its a basic style like slanxp.

ofcource suggestions are given for Basic: so select Start  a new Viual Style >

go to   Windows and caption buttons > BASIC >  CAPTION    ------------> EXPORT your image and modified it to be smaller[not change its image size, just design a smaller size, onthe same image size, there are 2 images inside 1 for active and 1 for inactive, make them similar in size,  then go to  Windows and caption buttons > BASIC >  CAPTION ---> sizing margins and change its value (the 3rd value gives the unstreched pixels from the top, so change in a way that will give u unstreched pixels , forexample if your previous values was 28, 35, 9, 17  make them  28, 35, 17, 9 or whatever gives u best result  )

----------------------------------------
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 06:38:49 pm »

JUST go to  Windows and Caption butons > Basic > Caption  extract the image, then dont resize its dimention of height, just design the internal images to be shorter, about 22 pixels height each [there are 2 images , 1 active and 1 inactive], then replace the image , and then  change the sizing margins for example from :  28, 35, 9, 17   to : 28, 35, 17, 9  .

see on screenshot a very quiq modification i did  for window basic, see the buttons[i have also modified the images of the buttons, on  Windows and Caption butons > Basic].

---------------------
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 09:55:23 pm »

JUST go to  Windows and Caption butons > Basic > Caption  extract the image, then dont resize its dimention of height, just design the internal images to be shorter, about 22 pixels height each [there are 2 images , 1 active and 1 inactive], then replace the image , and then  change the sizing margins for example from :  28, 35, 9, 17   to : 28, 35, 17, 9  .

see on screenshot a very quiq modification i did  for window basic, see the buttons[i have also modified the images of the buttons, on  Windows and Caption butons > Basic].

[image]
OH MY GOD YOU ARE MY SAVIOR!!! Thanks so much!
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 09:35:20 am »

Ok the last one worked for the normal caption bar but now some small windows get cut off.  I think its the mincaption. I edited it exactly like how you told me to edit the normal caption, but the sizing margin values are different ( originally: 6, 6, 6, 2) and I don't know what values to change them too.  

Thanks for your help!
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 11:54:31 pm »

Do we have any more control than that? Like making the Aero close button smaller?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 12:00:08 am »

Do we have any more control than that? Like making the Aero close button smaller?

I think it's hardcoded into DWM.
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 12:43:06 am »

Ahh damn. Any ideas on how to screw around with this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: