Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: From 7 to 8  (Read 7795 times)
Qwerky
Beginner

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:45 pm »

Hi All,

Although this is likely a frequently asked question, I couldn't find any answer or FAQ pointer in searching; if I've missed it, feel free to point me to it.

Quite a while ago, I purchased VSB and used it to create a Windows 7 theme to my liking, which I have been content to use ever since, on all my Windows 7 machines.

I've just built a new box, and put Windows 8.1 on it.  I spent a very large amount of time creating my Windows 7 theme, so the natural question is:  is there a way that I can use/convert a Windows 7 theme for Windows 8?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:28:39 pm »

In the latest beta have the ribbon open and click File > Open > Import 7 Theme

Save then open it again (bug)

Most cases this should work but isn't 100%, so if it doesn't post here and I'll look into it.
Qwerky
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 02:23:05 am »

Thanks so much for the speed reply!  After finding my old e-mail with the activation credentials and download link, downloading, installing, and activating VSB 1.5, then finding where to download the beta and overlaying it on top of the 1.5 install directory, I'm about ready to give it a test (though I'm a bit leary, due to the cautions in the readme file!).

One more question:  Does Windows 8/8.1 require any sort of patching in order to use custom themes, ala Universal Theme Patcher for Windows 7--and if so, where/how does one get/apply it?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 02:33:40 am »

I use this:

http://uxstyle.com/builds/UxStyle_sep23_x86_x64_possibly_bugged.zip
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: