Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Button Background  (Read 17199 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:01:42 pm »

Anybody know how to change the hover background of the 8.1 start button from black to another color?

I changed the backgrounds of the 32 bit png images in twinui.dll but the background remained black Huh?
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:18:34 pm »

Man this is the same like the show desktop button i just installed start is back and in properties menu you can change this button with no problem stat is back for windows 8.1
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:28:13 pm »

but in to the start screen when start button is comming to the left panel on bottom this is the problem is always black because is between metro and aero you can not change this or you need same style editor for the start screen if you change this black color of the start screen metro normaly it been changed automatically in to the aero desktop one more problem they put start button this the same like windows 8 in windows 8 rtm is like mini start screen when the button is comming only in the hot and pressed but in windows 8.1 they are putted normal button so for that they are changed the image of the button but hot and pressed is metro style .. always solid
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:33:23 pm by Urko » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:49:40 pm »

I want to know why when I change the black background  of the start button images in twinui.dll to another color the start button background is still black when I hover over it. That's my question.
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 05:05:48 pm »

that i want to told you when button is hot or pressed is coming metro style thats another thing you cannot change this because that black color is a part of the metro start screen or i thing that is a part of charm bar the right menu its the same color you must to find the same app that can the style of metro ui .. some kind of metro style builder if exist you can replace many images you can only change normal start button only look the system files of charms bar and the switcher menu its the same color if you can change the color of the switcher (lefts black menu when you open metro apps you switch between desktop and metro apps when you put mouse to the left corner on the screen) that black color must be changed... thats the same black color of the start button 
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 05:25:53 pm »

in twinui.dll look this images 4530 - 4537; also look images 7310 - 7312; 7320 - 7322
but its all in the charms bar i dont find the start button on the start menu but look these images comme you change one by one avec images with simply color fill color for example like that you can see what exacly is been changed the start button on charms bar is not the same like the start button on start menu or imageres.dll you can also see there see also the bitmaps on twinui.dll make attention of bitmaps index 256k and rgb 8 16 24 bit in index 256k black is black solid you must convert to rgb if exit images like this sometime exist gray palette 8 16 bit hovered start is gray look also this you must convert also gray to rgb
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:39:10 pm by Urko » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 05:35:08 pm »

1) Yeah I did that thanks. But I heard that the images are likely masks and not actual backgrounds like I thought.
2) You may be right that the black Switcher background is based on the same principle
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 05:42:17 pm »

yes my friend only because of that they are dissable aero flip3d change these images one by one with an image with simply color to look you what exactly is been changed and where its the same job like uiribbonres.dll it cost me long time to find all the hovers all backgrounds etc...  it has meny masked images that you can not see them in twinui.dll you must extract all in the folder with restorator 2007 after that you click right menu and refresh to see these images
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:44:25 pm by Urko » Logged
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:25 am »

friend tell me something who made the beta builds of style builder ive seen some things that i have two problems you know i will post this problems its strange because it has the things that they dont exist but i thing that the principle is the same maybe ..... i can make one post later
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 01:39:50 pm »

Panda X makes the Betas
Urko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 09:11:22 pm »

mersi beaucoup can you look my two posts and if its possible to you send this posts to panda x thank you
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 02:55:26 am »

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2031.msg11595#msg11595
own3mall
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 09:44:23 am »

So does anyone know how to change the start menu picture that is used or the blue color as shown in this screenshot when you click the start menu button?

It would be nice to be able to change this!
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 02:31:57 pm »

The images are in the Image folder in twinui.dll

The color is whatever Accent color you chose in Personalize
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: