Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opacity for Thumbnails & Controls background ?  (Read 11487 times)
nut
Beginner

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2013, 09:16:29 am »

Hi !

Is it possible to add opacity for thumbnails & controls background ? (Correct path is Windows 8 -> Taskband Extended UI -> Background)
There is property for it, but it doesn't do anything :/

8 seems to ignore opacity everywhere except on taskbar.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 04:11:57 pm »

No because DWM is drawing an opaque color, not the msstyles. You can use Glass8 and it'll add transparency there along with the windows.
nut
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 12:46:59 pm »

Okay, thanks.
nut
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:52:41 am »

More questions.
Where is that white line coming from ? I know that that button is Taskband's ListItem Hover.
Also, where is that arrow glyph ?

Alt + Tab menu
What's that selected rectangle image ?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:55:04 am by nut » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 03:32:49 pm »

1) Not sure what I'm seeing here. Is this at the bottom or top of a long vertical list of thumbnails that you need to scroll because the only place I've ever seen an arrow like that is

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > ScrollBar > Glyph Image

If so then that white line could be part of your images at either

Windows 8 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Taskband Extended UI (Vertical) > Background
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Vertical > Thumbnails & Controls (Vertical) > Background

2) I don't think you can change that white border or white title textcolor. I think they are hard-coded in 8
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 03:42:28 pm by 3am » Logged
nut
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 05:03:27 pm »

I found the glyph but not any luck with the others.
And yes it's extended taskband which is in the first picture.
That same white line is present on default style also, don't know what it is.

But thanks.

Edit: Sorry to bother you guys again, but i just noticed that command module button has turned it's style into classic. Button itself is still default, so it's not skinned.
What's causing that ?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:19:52 pm by nut » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 10:09:17 pm »

That's usually caused by Windows loading C:\Windows\System32\shellstyle.dll rather than your theme's shellstyle. Which means there might be a missing property its looking for or your shellstyle has an issue.
nut
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 03:45:47 pm »

The problem seems to be with wsb. If i apply that style through windows, then it's fine.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 05:33:45 pm »

Make sure you have an 8.1 shellstyle in your theme folder. Maybe that's your problem.

BTW that light gray line in your TBUI scrollbar picture means that you still have some of that color in your image at

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > ScrollBar > Main Image

Check it to make sure.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:52:39 pm by 3am » Logged
nut
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 09:07:39 pm »

Make sure you have an 8.1 shellstyle in your theme folder. Maybe that's your problem.

BTW that light gray line in your TBUI scrollbar picture means that you still have some of that color in your image at

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > ScrollBar > Main Image

Check it to make sure.

I'll check it.
Btw. Is it possible to force 92dpi on ? I'd like to use higher caption bar height, but it automatically swithes to 192dpi setting.
Window control glyphs are now way too far away from each other.

Edit: Yup, that was it. I only edited glyphs not the main image.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 09:07:38 am by nut » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: