Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 8 msstyles cross compatible with Windows 8.1?  (Read 25523 times)
LiveOrDie
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2013, 11:07:45 am »

Hey guys sorry if this have been covered before i just changed over to 8.1 and wanted to update my theme and wanted to know if i need to or not thanks?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 11:32:28 am »

They are but you'll need to adjust the jumplist because the start panel properties are jumbled up and a class is removed.
LiveOrDie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:40:58 pm »

Thanks Panda X i think ill just slowly update a new msstyles for 8.1.
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:14:45 am »

They are but you'll need to adjust the jumplist because the start panel properties are jumbled up and a class is removed.
Hi Panda!
For the jumplist, we can fix the bottom background color adjusting the theme Colorization, but how to fix this with WSB?

url immagine
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 11:45:11 am »

Hi Panda!
For the jumplist, we can fix the bottom background color adjusting the theme Colorization, but how to fix this with WSB?

url immagine

Open up a default Aero.msstyles and go to: Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Programs List > Panels and copy all the size properties in the parts under it to your msstyles. Then do the same for all the parts under Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Places List > Panels
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 01:43:11 pm »

Thanks!

Another issue: now i can't view the highlitghting box in the jumplist, can it be solved?
EDIT: there's also a useless vertical line:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:22:16 pm by ezio84 » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:42:13 pm »

Can you show an image that isn't as cropped?
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 09:37:36 am »

Here it is:

free image upload

Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 11:55:32 am »

It'd be easier to copy all properties from the default 8.1 Aero into your theme under the Start Menu section, the whole thing is jumbled and different now since there is no longer a start menu and that class is reserved for the jump lists.
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 01:07:19 pm »

Mmm yes, it's probably the best way.

How can i quickly copy/past all properties from the aero theme to mine (if it's possible)?
I can export them to a StyleHack file, but can't delete all existing properties in my theme with a single click.

Thank you so much Panda!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:20:45 pm by ezio84 » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 10:08:46 pm »

Mmm yes, it's probably the best way.

How can i quickly copy/past all properties from the aero theme to mine (if it's possible)?
I can export them to a StyleHack file, but can't delete all existing properties in my theme with a single click.

Thank you so much Panda!

Deleting multiple properties like that will be a bit slow, but if you search StartPanelPriv it'll show you StartPanelPriv and StartPanelComposited::StartPanelPriv and you can select all and delete. Ctrl + A doesn't work with the grid so you'll have to hold shift then click the first and the last property to select all. Make sure you don't delete any inherited properties if there are any.
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 07:15:42 am »

Deleting multiple properties like that will be a bit slow, but if you search StartPanelPriv it'll show you StartPanelPriv and StartPanelComposited::StartPanelPriv and you can select all and delete. Ctrl + A doesn't work with the grid so you'll have to hold shift then click the first and the last property to select all. Make sure you don't delete any inherited properties if there are any.

Well I just learned something new, I never thought it was possible to delete multiple properties, I would have thought using a selection box to highlight all the properties would give you the same result, but it seems only the way you described works by selecting the first property and holding shift then selecting the last one to select all, it would be even better if we were able to use the delete key as well.
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 09:56:02 am »

Thanks!!

Removing those properties and restoring them from the standard aero msstyles makes me lose other changes i made, and is corrupting something,
Maybe the best way is to do the work from scratch Wink
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:00:20 am by ezio84 » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 01:22:35 am »

Thanks!!

Removing those properties and restoring them from the standard aero msstyles makes me lose other changes i made, and is corrupting something,
Maybe the best way is to do the work from scratch Wink

You just have to go through and then make the correct change to the new properties. I'll work on a 8 to 8.1 conversion for WSB here soon if I can find the time.
ezio84
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 08:35:28 am »

Thanks Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: