Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black screen after applying a visual style  (Read 10692 times)
tamajin
Beginner

Shit's hard.

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2013, 03:11:29 am »

After saving a visual style, I clicked on"Use visual style" in the pop up dialog and then the screen went black. I'm not sure if this was because the theme I was working on wasn't in the themes folder. I had it saved in a different hard drive. I've tried restarting, resetting and disconnecting the other hard drive but it still only shows a black screen after logging in. I can see the mouse moving but I can't open any Windows or open any menus to try to switch to another visual style. There were no issues testing the style. the problem came from using the visual style after saving it.

I'm going to try plugging it into another computer and try removing any non original visual styles, and if that doesn't work I'll try a system restore or repair. Just writing to see if anyone has any advice and to let you guys know of this issue.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:13:20 am by tamajin » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 03:45:03 am »

You'll have to do a restore, I'd recommend only saving in the Themes folder, %programdata%, or the Desktop. Otherwise Windows will just break. It's to do with DWM and WinLogon being very buggy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: