Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: statusbar bg  (Read 19185 times)
nsapps
Beta Tester
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2012, 04:31:59 am »

Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 05:50:40 am »

According to the UIFILE it shares its property with the ItemsView background so if you change it the background of the list view will change as well.

It's the fillcolor here: Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView
nsapps
Beta Tester
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 06:01:51 am »

you're right. i hope there's a trick to change it separately on explorerbg and statusbar Sad
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48:02 pm »

There may be a way to do that but it would probably require adding it in the shell32.dll UI files where the status bar call is made, I might try that out and I will report back if I figure it out.

might have to add some more properties in here:

<StatusBarModule ModuleID="StatusBarModule" layoutpos="bottom" layout="filllayout()"/>
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 08:58:14 am »

OK I found an early build before MS made all the UI files into hex and edited UI file 34 to add the property for the statusbar image, it's not perfect though as the separator does not show correctly unless you make an image for it, but anyway it is better then nothing.

PS build number for the original UI Files if you want to get them all un hexed was Windows 8  build 6.2.8250.0 (winmain_win8beta.120217-1520)

Not sure if I am allowed to post it but here is the torrent for it as well http://kat.ph/windows-8-metro-consumer-prv-x64bit-t6233630.html
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:59:45 am by Mr GRiM » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 05:39:28 pm »

OK I found an early build before MS made all the UI files into hex and edited UI file 34 to add the property for the statusbar image, it's not perfect though as the separator does not show correctly unless you make an image for it, but anyway it is better then nothing.

PS build number for the original UI Files if you want to get them all un hexed was Windows 8  build 6.2.8250.0 (winmain_win8beta.120217-1520)

Not sure if I am allowed to post it but here is the torrent for it as well http://kat.ph/windows-8-metro-consumer-prv-x64bit-t6233630.html

8400's closer to the RTM and they're in plain text.
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:21 pm »

to my last version of my style i have already change it,  replacing the itmesview to a propertree one so statusbar having same color with navigation pane
i added also a border and its parameters for the statusbar> to my style i set it only for the top one position.

[i saw that a similar color scheme is used to a osx window preview on past, i mean a navigation pane one, so the idea, though you can use an argb one]

also you must know that changes in code of shell32.dll hidden many surprises, if you change the order of code lines or if you do the changes to a non  plain text code style [such as the original one for the 34 UIfile], it may make your system not work some parts work well. i found that also if you change some specific icons the system also affect to this way !  

for example the rating performance of the pc stopped  from a point and after, for solving this i spent much energy and time .

thanks mr grimm's feedback i made some hundreds, if not thousands of changes for seen the system [unless if we will find something other] to work properly, the rate and  improve your computer's performance  works ok finally [tested] to my pc [ Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools  ] so to make the later new version.

i apreciate if you test to your system, the rating after installing the shell32.dll for saying if after the changings in code to shell32.dll, it also works ok.> test the rating of pc please to see if it works till the end.
 so any feedback is wellcome.

code as mentioned included to shell32.dll   http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/Aqua-World-os-x-style-Theme-for-Windows-8-rtm-335025767
------------------
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:26:59 pm by idas » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 06:55:17 am »

What he is saying is that if you make any change to the shell32.dll the WEI will not complete, it gets stuck at testing the CPU, doesn't matter what changes you make to it, as soon as the shell32.dll becomes unsigned it breaks the WEI.

Still at the end of the day who cares about the WEI anyway, aside from that I have not seen any other problems yet.

@Panda thanks for the heads up on build 8400, might grab that then just to make sure any important changes are not left out Smiley
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 03:58:11 pm »

well to my last uploaded version there is no message appears or stops the procedure when rating the pc. at least not to my system, the procedure goes to the end withno problem, thats why i asked if someone uses my latest files can do the experiment to see if the rating runs ok to his pc> the interesting is not the rating but how and if we can bypass  digital signatures [with not touch some specific parts and ] if that is possible.

=====================

out of current thread's  subject :

now for anyone don't want the ribbon just use the windows 7 uiribbon.dll system file to windows 8 rtm.

Folderband instead appears.

[to previous versions we could just delete the ribbon text file from the exploreframe.dll]

================
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:02:07 pm by idas » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 06:04:33 pm »

Does Paint and Wordpad's ribbon still work? If not it'd be the same as deleting the ribbon resources from Windows altogether.
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 12:44:48 am »

Does Paint and Wordpad's ribbon still work? If not it'd be the same as deleting the ribbon resources from Windows altogether.

you are right. after the installing with a windows 7 uiribbon.dll  paint and wordpad dont open> that means the replacing i did and refer was wrong path for users so they have not to do it> that we learn is that Panda refer : its like deleting the ribbon resources from Windows altogether.

so i must found if there is a better method in rtm for ribbon > my personal wish would be if we could trasport ribbon to a pane [ preview or details] , though i dont see any parameter to shell32.dll who could help to this.
[in win 7 i had on past transported the folderband inside pane's, though folderband parameters excisted to shell32.dll, ribbons not, except if i miss something]

-------------------

so i return to the old method, just for preview, i delete the EXPLORER_RIBBON file from the UIFILE of exploreframe.dll    so after restart explorer> so NO more Ribbon to Explorer , but Wordpad works fine having its ribbon.

=============

though my plant is , if possible, to control the appearace and the dissapearance of all of the ribbon [or if possible to transported to some other pane area]

---------------
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:52:49 pm by idas » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 10:10:31 am »

I have just been using this to disable the ribbon and Paint and Wordpad still work fine http://winaero.com/download.php?view.18
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 06:31:10 pm »

I have just been using this to disable the ribbon and Paint and Wordpad still work fine http://winaero.com/download.php?view.18

It's much simpler to just rename the EXPLORER_RIBBON resource in ExplorerFrame instead of having to download 3rd party software.
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »

Yeah for sure mate I agree 100% but for the average user that will use our themes this way is a better solution and will result in less questions and less user error.
Hitchhiker427
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 10:06:56 am »

I'm new to all of this, so bear with me.

If I download the modified shell32.dll provided by idas on his Deviant Art page, and replace my own shell32.dll, what specifically do I need to do in Windows Style Builder to change the statusbar color?  Also, it seems like this color is linked to the folder tree background color. Is there any way to change that?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: