Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Windows 8!  (Read 18593 times)
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:51 pm »

I've cleaned this section so from now on all that'll be posted will be Windows 8 RTM information rather than DP/CP/RP information. Reason being, once we get underway theming 8, I doubt new users want to come across old information where information is no longer relevant, doesn't work, or is missing. We are starting fresh.

WSB will be worked on to support Windows 8 as soon as Windows 8 fully releases along with SDK and symbols. Since there have been many changes, and unknown errors along the way, this is the best way to ensure that WSB will work and will work properly.

If you have any questions about WSB 1.6 ask them here.
Semtex
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:47:05 pm »

Will 1.6 support also Windows 7? And did we will get free update to 1.6 from 1.5?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 07:36:00 pm »

Will 1.6 support also Windows 7? And did we will get free update to 1.6 from 1.5?

Yes.
Semtex
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:43:53 am »

Thanks for info Panda X Smiley

One more question, did You have a look in 9200 RTM aero.msstyles? In CP teher is still full Menu Start, same thing in RTM or they have remove it?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 08:40:57 pm »

Thanks for info Panda X Smiley

One more question, did You have a look in 9200 RTM aero.msstyles? In CP teher is still full Menu Start, same thing in RTM or they have remove it?

It's still there. So is Vista's basic start menu for that matter  Cheesy
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 03:39:29 pm »

Yep I can also confirm this, I had a look as well using Restorator and all the images are still in there for the start menu, now all we need is a way to bring it back as well as the start button lol
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 03:42:07 pm »

If you need a Beta tester for the 1.6 version mate, even if it's basic functionality, I am happy to help Smiley
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 10:43:12 pm »

If you need a Beta tester for the 1.6 version mate, even if it's basic functionality, I am happy to help Smiley

The next beta will be public 1.5.4 which is basically for Windows 8 support only. Though I've been trying to get testing working again, and when it doesn't (like currently) it makes your Windows 8 completely unbootable. I have to delete the msstyles and modify the registry in Windows 7 just to get it going again, which is something I'd really like to avoid before a public beta or any beta for that matter. This bug is the sole reason that the public 1.5.3 was only out for a few hours before I took it down.
Semtex
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 12:21:45 pm »

Yep I can also confirm this, I had a look as well using Restorator and all the images are still in there for the start menu, now all we need is a way to bring it back as well as the start button lol

This already happen, somehow Wink http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1091045-windows-7-explorer-for-windows-8/
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 02:11:59 am »

Thanks for the link, had a go at this and yep the start menu is back and works great, now to fix the aero in explorer and get WSB working right
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 03:57:13 am »

and get WSB working right

What's not working?
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 01:56:53 pm »

I got a working start menu back but I have a big problem that I am not able to solve with the way Windows colours everything now, when we had the blur it was the same problem but I was able to remove the blur from the start menu and that allowed me to create great looking start menus, but now I face a new problem

I have managed to remove it by enabling the full aero transparency with blur using files from older builds to replace all the theme and DWM files but that doesn't work too well and is not a good solution, what I need is a way to either just remove it from the start menu or a way to disable the colour layer but at the moment I am not very hopeful of either solution being created.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 03:41:55 pm »

Does the alpha threshold value not help?
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 03:34:48 am »

Well I have never played with that setting before though it does have some interesting results it's not really working right, any other ideas?
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 06:54:00 am »

Messed with a bit more and doesn't matter what I set it to the bottom logoff and more programs areas are not effected by adjusting the alpha threshold values although it does work on the program list and list view areas.

Also just wanted to mention that Stardock's Start8 is using the msstyles to recreate the start menu but it is still very buggy at the moment but it is themeable and doesn't disable the apps like it does using the Windows 7 explorer.exe hack, maybe in future releases they will have worked out the bugs a little better, we will see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: