Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newly created style won't get passed welcome screen  (Read 10189 times)
adsandiego
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2010, 10:00:59 pm »

hi. so i fired up win7 style builder 1.4
and began a test edit of the existing aero.msstyle, i changed the menu highlight color and the text fonts
saved it to a temporary name. existed 7style builder. renamed the saved msstyle file to aero.msstyle and rebooted.

when win7 gets to the 'welcome' screen, it would keep flickering and won't boot beyond that.
what's happening?
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:06:53 pm »

Windows Style Builder 1.4 is no longer supported...
ka-la
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:09:54 pm »

even tought theres fix for it, not for you, because I can be over 200% sure you didnt buy it. Cheesy
adsandiego
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:27:45 pm »

even tought theres fix for it, not for you, because I can be over 200% sure you didnt buy it. Cheesy

how do i upgrade or buy the latest version then?
and i did purchase it
how do you think i was verified to post here?
ka-la
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:42:14 pm »

hmm, download the new version from the link you got to email when you bought it
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 11:09:53 pm »

The URL doesn't change. So whenever there's an update you can go to it and use the same info as in the email.
adsandiego
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 11:35:11 pm »

The URL doesn't change. So whenever there's an update you can go to it and use the same info as in the email.

i got it. i also know about the 508 image fix in the .ini
i recognize pandaX as a helpful person on other sites as well as a contributor to the program

i must say, however, this does not seem to be a friendly place.
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 11:51:01 pm »

There has been a recent spat of users who have hacked the software and not paid, and its version 1.4 that is the culprit, so when you mentioned it, it is usually a sign someone is pirating it.  Anyone posting here now the validation is in place, means you are an honest user, so if you are using version 1.5 the problem should be gone, if not feel free to post the details of what you did before the problem started, and we will be happy to help.

We aint scary guy!!!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: