Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help to find some image and text colors!  (Read 10431 times)
DJ Gx
Beginner

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2009, 08:35:57 am »

ka-la
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:48:22 am »

Shellstyle top part: Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > <1>
the blue line there:  Explorer & Shell > Shell > PreviewPane > <3>
Searchbox text should be:  Address, Breadcrumb & Search > Search > Edit > Basic > Normal > Active > EditText
For start menu it should be all about sizingmargnis.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:50:00 am by ka-la » Logged
rajtheeban
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:46:59 am »

I learned it is possible to change the text of search box (not only the font, the glow and its color, but directly the text) if i edit the browseui.dll.mui file

I extract this file with restorator, but after what kind of software must i use to realize this edition, because Dev- C++ 4.9.9.2 doesn't seem to work ? When i restart, the text stays the same

any help is very appreciated, I try to change the text for others parts of the interface
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:51:37 am by rajtheeban » Logged
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 05:49:46 am »

I learned it is possible to change the text of search box (not only the font, the glow and its color, but directly the text) if i edit the browseui.dll.mui file

I extract this file with restorator, but after what kind of software must i use to realize this edition, because Dev- C++ 4.9.9.2 doesn't seem to work ? When i restart, the text stays the same

any help is very appreciated, I try to change the text for others parts of the interface

How do I change the font?  I changed all instances of 'Italic' to bold but the searchbox stays the same.
I know it uses the size defined in global property ICONTITLEFONT:FONT.

The italicization must be defined outside of MSSTYLES file.  But where...
rajtheeban
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:57:21 am »

Hi Kerry

you should see here (at least for Vista):
Address, Breadcrumb & Search > Search > Edit > Basic > Normal > Active > EditText

For the text, i succeded to change it (in French, "Rechercher" to "Trouver"), but i don't remember... i only know i modified several .rc file in browseui.mui

Hope this will help u

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:00:01 am by rajtheeban » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:30:16 am »

Hi Kerry

you should see here (at least for Vista):
Address, Breadcrumb & Search > Search > Edit > Basic > Normal > Active > EditText

For the text, i succeded to change it (in French, "Rechercher" to "Trouver"), but i don't remember... i only know i modified several .rc file in browseui.mui

Hope this will help u

In 7 the SearchBox text is in BrowseUI's UIFILE.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 04:57:31 pm »

But... but it doesn't work for 7  Cry

At least I don't think it does... I think my suspicion is correct as everyone else has the same text there in Windows 7.
Thanks for trying to help, rajtheeban.

It's nice that Windows 7 shares and reuses its resources, but it's hell for us skinners.  Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: