Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resource] Universal Shellstyle.dll  (Read 16665 times)
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:05:57 am »

I modified my shellstyle.dll to use elements (such as window background color and text color) from the visual style it is placed with. This is especially useful for people who create dark themes on a regular basis, etc, etc.

I uploaded at deviantart: http://satukoro.deviantart.com/art/Universal-shellstyle-dll-131315497
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:21:47 pm »

How did you do this? Does it basically make editing the shellstyle useless?
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:25:37 pm »

Yes, I guess it does make editing the shellstyle manually obsolete. The only thing that you would need to change are image 121 and 122 to suit the theme.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:24:39 am »

Nice one Smiley

How did you do this? Does it basically make editing the shellstyle useless?

He got rid of the local definition which forces it to use a global variable linked to the MSSTYLES file.
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 12:09:20 am »

I modified my shellstyle.dll to use elements (such as window background color and text color) from the visual style it is placed with. This is especially useful for people who create dark themes on a regular basis, etc, etc.

I uploaded at deviantart: http://satukoro.deviantart.com/art/Universal-shellstyle-dll-131315497

Will you be making Windows 7 versions, or does any shellstyle.dll work with any Windows version.  Also do you need a template msstyles to work with it, with all the additional entries?
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 12:30:52 am »

Well, no, it will not work for Windows 7. When I get/install Windows 7, I will create one. Also, it should work for all themes designed Windows Vista.
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 01:01:08 am »

Is it possible to make the same changes for the Windows 7 Start Button which is not in the msstyles, and for the back and next buttons which are also not in the msstyles?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 01:47:45 am »

Is it possible to make the same changes for the Windows 7 Start Button which is not in the msstyles, and for the back and next buttons which are also not in the msstyles?
No because neither are defined in any DUIXML file throughout the system.
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 01:50:56 am »

No because neither are defined in any DUIXML file throughout the system.

Thanks for that, I guess a pure msstyles is never possible, oh well...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: