Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Suggestion] VSB Patcher  (Read 8028 times)
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:48:30 am »

Hi,

I am creating different versions of my theme for others and it is a bit time consuming.
I think a simple patching tool would be highly effective (so they can patch it themselves how they like) -- not a global patching tool, per se, but one that works only on certain themes (you can enable whatever protection you want there, Ave Wink).

That way, all I have to do is basically export stylehacks and have VSB compile a patcher (.exe) so that users can select (for instance) whether they want Userpicture on or not, or whether they want Max Transparency on.  Stuff like that, so I don't have to make a version for each.

Perhaps a picture would be easier to explain:

So basically, the author of the theme will be able to export custom stylehacks into a patcher for the users to patch a specific theme!

This would be very valuable to me and my time, and I would gladly pay for it. Smiley
Probably easier said than done, huh? Huh?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:50:30 am by psygn » Logged
iJesse
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:22:39 pm »

Well I know you can do that sorta thing with Restorator.  It isn't as nice and clean but you can accomplish the same thing.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 05:06:51 pm »

Yeah, but it would be even more work to go back into Restorator, find the renumbered images, alter them, find the hex values, test them out, etc.

That's why I propose such feature in VSB that'll do this with the use of our stylehacks.
iJesse
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:11:21 pm »

Well I am definitely up for your idea, I would even pay money for it as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: