Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: saved styles don't work  (Read 3093 times)
classic4ever
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2022, 02:03:31 am »

Hi there,

I have a problem with my style builder (latest build).
I'm on Win10 21H2 and have a working style, patched with SecureUxTheme.
Each time I save a "before working" style, even if not modified, it doesn't work anymore, although Style Builder says that the file has been compiled successfully. Did I miss something?

If I understand right, patching with UltraUXThemePatcher is absolutely necessary for testing styles inside the software or starting from personalisation panel. But not for just modifying and saving styles, right?

I need to add a class to my style, but I can't save it.

Thanks and best wishes
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 04:00:28 am »

If you are using the latest WSB attached here:

https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2535.msg14456#msg14456

and if you are working on a copy of your msstyle and not the one you are actually using

and your theme files are patched then

If WSB says your msstyle compiles then it should be good to go

if it's in a theme folder with a shell folder etc like the aero folder and you are applying a .theme file like aero.theme all renamed.

I have never added a class and I have no idea how to do it. Why do you want to add one and why do you think it would work?
classic4ever
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 01:49:18 am »

Hi 3am, thanks for your quick response.

Yes, I use the latest build.
Yes, I work on a copy in a desktop folder.
I tried to patch my theme files with UltraUXThemePatcher, but had no success after a reboot (not patched again). So I use SecureUxTheme, which signs the theme to be recognized by windows as valid (alternative recommendation by Manuel Hoefs, works fine).
The .theme file, .msstyle file and its folder are named by the theme name (e.g. there is no folder with .msstyles.mui to rename like in aero)

My problem in detail is described in the topic here (see red arrow):
https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2542.0

Your suggestion: Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Shell > PreviewPaneControl > CommonItemsDialog:Edit > Background
has no effect (saving problem) PLUS my background in Windows is white, not light grey like in the image of your path.
In another style with another style editor the class "CommonItemsDialog" is responsible for changing this colour, that's why I want to add this class (have no clue). The properties there are:
BGTYPE: BORDERFILL,
BORDERSIZE: 0,
FILLCOLOR: R,G,B

Maybe I have to apply any specific stylehack or -script to update the classmap? But then saving style still is the problem.
Does perhaps the "Import 10 fix" have any impact on my problem?

Thanks for help and patience
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 01:38:00 pm »

The answer i gave in that post you reference was the correct one and worked for the person who requested it. I don't know why it's not working for you.

You could try Explorer & Shell > Shell > PreviewPaneControl > CommonItemDialog:Edit > Background and add the properties you want and see if that might work for you.

I don't know why you are having problems saving your msstyle or why you are having problems with UltraUXThemePatcher.

I have never used the "Import 10 fix".

Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Try searching Classes,Parts and States in the WSB search box for "common" and try to find what you changed in the other style editor:

Maybe the two style editors are conflicting. I don't know.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 02:20:03 pm by 3am » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: