Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 Items Header  (Read 13862 times)
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:13:15 pm »

Hello all,

Is possible to add for the several states of items header diferent text color in windows 10 ?
Thank you.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 03:58:22 pm »

Add a textcolor here:

Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Header > HeaderItem > Hot
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:00:37 pm by 3am » Logged
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 07:15:54 pm »

Hi,

It doesnt work, tried in Header and in Items View Header, none of them work, i added color - textcolor - and the value

*Sorry for the doouble post

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 09:09:35 pm »

Sorry, I was thinking about something else.

Go into explorerframe UIFILE 40960 in the custom shellstyle for ONE and find all ItemsView::Header, 1, 2 entries and add foregrounds like so:

<UIColumnHeader background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::Header, 1, 2), dfc(4, 0x0010 | 0x1000))" foreground="highlighttext"/>

Make sure you do all of them.

Works just like here:

https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1997.msg11462#msg11462

If you want to add more states
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:15:35 pm by 3am » Logged
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 11:52:00 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it worked, but i would like to have it only in the one thats active, imagine i choose to sort by name, i want that with a diferent color than the rest, for exemple if i choose by type, then i want that header with the diferent color, is possible ?

Thanks Smiley
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 12:50:10 am »

You can only get one more color by adding a different foreground to Itemsview::Header 1, 5

If you want to change the pressed colors change Itemsview::Header 1, 3 and 1, 6
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 06:18:26 pm »

Hi,

Strangely worked yesterday today doesnt work,  everytime i apply the theme explorer doesnt open.
Do you want to see the shellstyle.dll im using ?

Thanks for the help
Cya
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 08:50:12 pm »

I know this method works so you must have made a mistake. Probably in the syntax.

I guess you could attach your 40960.txt file here in a zipfile and I could look it over.

But that won't help you if you've been making other changes there or in some other UIFILE I don't know about that are mistaken.

If it worked and then it didn't even though you made NO Additional Changes in your shellstyle then I don't know what to tell you.

If you did make additional changes elsewhere then that is where you messed up.
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 04:44:13 pm »

Hi,

I havent change anything aside from what you pointed me, the file im using is from windows7, since the one from win10 is in binary and i dont know how to convert it to use it with one.
Can be because of that? the first time i tried in wsb it worked, but after stoped working.

Thanks
Cya
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 10:47:44 pm »

You shouldn't be using ANYTHING from 7.

1) If you are using ONE then you should be using a custom shellstyle where the UIFILEs are already translated and looks like this:

2) Then you edit the UIFILE just like you did in 7

3) You can get shellstyles lkie this from any 10 visual style. Make sure nothing has been changed you don't want and whether it's for the AU or CU
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 12:46:59 am »

Hi,

Thanks for the info, im going to get win10 shellstyle and try.
The one im using is like that.

Thanks.
Cya
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 05:41:45 pm »

Hi 3AM,

I got a shellstyle from a win10 theme, but still not working, i do everything you tell me, but when i apply the theme with VSB its doesnt open explorer, and if i open explorer and then apply the theme with VSB, explorer is all messed up with colors all around, not just on headers.

If you can help i apreciate.
Thank you.

Cheers
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 09:29:33 pm »

I don't know what to tell you. I have no idea what you are doing wrong.

If you just edited Itemsview::Header and screwed up then Explorer shouldn't even open. That stuff about all the other colors changing makes no sense unless you did other edits elsewhere.

I'd edit a 40960 for you myself but I don't know what version of 10 you are running or what colors you want or where you want them. Let me know and I'll give it a shot.

Make sure the shellstyle is working, that everything is ok with ONE etc without the edits first though. Then I'll know nothing else is wrong.

Also try NOT using WSB to apply your theme. That is sometimes a problem.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:34:45 pm by 3am » Logged
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 11:57:13 pm »

Hi 3AM,

I tried to apply the theme in normal way but have the same issue, really dunno why, because im not changing anything aside from what you telling me.

Yes if you dont mind to change a shellstyle for me would be awesome, im using windows version 1607 Anniversary Update.

You can choose for 1,2 the infobk color and for 1,5 the hottracking color, then i will try here with VSB.

I would like to ask if you can change also file 23 and 24 so i can change the color of side and top image, plz.

You can attach the file here or send to rissol@gmail.com

Thank you very much
Cheers
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 01:21:51 am »

Attached is an AU custom shellstyle with 40960 edited like you wanted.

Your problem was likely that you used the wrong terms. In UIFILES hottracking is hotlight and infobk is infobackground

Infobk is a weird choice for a textcolor but you got it.

Let me know how this works out and then I'll tell you about the side panel stuff
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 11:00:16 am »

Thanks,

Im at work atm but as soon i get i will test and tell you how went Smiley

What resource editor do you use to extract the files from the shell style and what text editor to do the changes?

I use restorator 2009 and i just drag and drop the files to desktop, then i use notepad to edit and then i drag and drop again into restorator and save.

Thanks

UPDATE :

Its working without any issue, dunno what i was doing wrong Sad
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:14:03 pm by Rissol » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 08:41:01 pm »

Good news. Now the Control Panel pane stuff. The panes are already set in the shellstyle.

But you need to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AveApps\Windows Style Builder\Data\Win8.1

and replace the Win8.1 folder with the attached one made by MrGrim which contains customized xml files for WSB.

Now when you open WSB you will see new stuff like

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Background etc

which are the Control Panel top and side panes referenced in the shellstyle shell32 UIFILES:

Add your images and properties, test and save.

Also make sure you add a textcolor to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text > Normal or you'll have a blank Control Panel.

Oh yeah I use Restorator and Kaxaml (the Xaml Scrubber is great for sorting files like 40960).
Rissol
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am »

Hello 3AM,

Worked like a charm Smiley thanks alot
Cheers

PS : They are the same apps, i started using that Kaxaml
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: