Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buld 10240  (Read 17845 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2015, 11:32:04 pm »

Possibly RTM.

Downloaded and installed smoothly.

No change in msstyles ( don't think there has been any since 10130 anyway).

Looks pretty much the same as it has been looking Tongue
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 03:02:44 am »

Here are some updated Class Maps and Class Groups with all the unknown locations in their proper places, I also have updated (modified) shell32.dll and explorerframe.dll UI files to use with OldNewExplorer.
Albertt To
Beginner

Why not?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 03:44:58 am »

in build 10240 the start menu borders is same that the windows border
It's new? Or it's always been like that?

http://postimg.org/image/4lex1jw6l/
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 05:23:30 am »

been like that for a while now, not sure when it first appeared.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »

"Stay tuned for more news about our launch activities, and at least one fun surprise for Windows Insiders coming up!" Shocked
Sem
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 12:39:55 am »

can we expect VSB support for windows 10

the UI is far to white for my liking

will need to be extensivly modded before i can use as a daily driver
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 03:17:54 pm »

can we expect VSB support for windows 10

the UI is far to white for my liking

will need to be extensivly modded before i can use as a daily driver

What do you mean by Win10 support? To my knowledge the current version works with 10.

Also the UI uses the same parameters as all other Win32 apps, you can change it in Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics
drakulaboy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 06:45:35 pm »

well, and Logon screen image can be changed with a powershell script Wink

JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 09:29:52 pm »

I haven't even attempted to fiddle with 10 yet. And even though I'm an Insider, I've not been running any of the betas since the 1st one upset me so. Just been waiting for the 29th to get the final version. I'm over my 'upset' now; 10 has turned out to look pretty darned cool! Looks like I have a bit of a learning-curve to tackle when I do start fooling with it in WSB. You guys have been doing a great job keeping up with the changes ,discovering new locations, and updating Maps (Grim, you rock!).

I did a clean install of 8.1 a few days ago in anticipation of the upgrade.... Nothing patched, no customizations, everything default. Didn't want to take any chances of something going screwy during upgrade. I'm pretty stoked about getting 10 now, can hardly wait.

Editing XAML actually looks kinda easy, am I wrong? I've been looking at of MS's Expression Blend stuff about XAML (zammel), trying to get a handle on it: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc294525.aspx
A lot of us have been editing code in .dlls and such for quite a while, especially Grim, Dave Sr., 3am, so XAML doesn't appear to be that big a challenge, but are Expression tools a must-have for us now, right along with image-editing software and tools like Restorator and Reshacker? They're not free....

Again, you guys have done a great job at staying on top of things. Smiley

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:56:53 pm by JMB » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 11:35:42 pm »

Editing XAML is easy if you're making your own application, but if you're wanting to customize the built in apps it's probably not going to be easy.
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 12:03:36 am »

Editing XAML is easy if you're making your own application, but if you're wanting to customize the built in apps it's probably not going to be easy.
In the earlier days of the Windows 10 builds, the XAML used for the system apps were compiled into XBF files (Xaml Binary Format) in order to get better performance.  But in the more recent builds, these seem to have been amalgamated into the dll binaries, so not very editable.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 12:53:26 pm »

Whenever you make a WPF app in Visual Studio you use XAML to design it's UI whether you also use Blend or not.

There's lots of XAML in dlls such as StartUI, JumpViewUI etc in C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy. But I don't know how to edit them.

There's a lot of xbf files etc in the folders in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 09:06:51 pm »

Whenever you make a WPF app in Visual Studio you use XAML to design it's UI whether you also use Blend or not.

There's lots of XAML in dlls such as StartUI, JumpViewUI etc in C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy. But I don't know how to edit them.

There's a lot of xbf files etc in the folders in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.
The XBF files are Xaml processed into a binary format.  There is a tool called Xaml Decompiler but it doesn't seem to work well with the Windows 10 version of xbf.  Also there is XbfDump, but that also doesn't work well with Win10 xbf files.

Once the final Windows 10 SDK is out, these tools may be updated.
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 03:46:07 am »

So we're in for some slow going with 10, as far as zammel goes, huh. Oh well, if I know this community, and I think I do, we'll make progress with editing at least some of the zammel in 10 in due time.
My only concern is that MS will keep doing major changes to ui and code, as time goes forward, and customized systems will be breaking more often than ever happened in previous versions of Windows.
Makes me not want to fool with doing too much to customize Windows now, which is a shame.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: