Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (solved) Progress Bar bg bevel  (Read 9475 times)
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2015, 07:40:14 pm »

Guys I'm just wondering if there's a way (besides using a solid color) to get the bottom highlight, or bevel, @  Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > TransparentBar > <2> to display exactly the same for my hard drives as for the remove-able storage.
If you'll look closely at my screenshot, you can see that the bevel for the bg in the hard drives isn't as bright as the one for the remove-able drives.

I know that all are using the same image, namely the one @ Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > TransparentBar > <2>, because I've colored that bevel green to test....

....but why is it that a semi-transparent bevel (like in the 1st screenshot) renders less bright for main disks? I've noticed this in a lot of themes, not only MrGrim's HUD series. I'd like the bevel to look exactly the same in both instances, meaning I want the remove-able drive bg images to be less pronounced, as in the HDD images. I've played around with sizing margins, content margins, tried editing all of the other progress bars, nothing seems to help solve this little mystery. It's not a 'big deal', but is driving me a bit bananas nonetheless!  Tongue There HAS to be some little trick to this, besides having to go with a solid color.

Thanks for whatever help anyone can offer!  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:28:56 pm by JMB » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:57:18 am »

I would say thats because of the background image, the lines in the background line up with the bevel and it makes it brighter, to avoid this you could make the bevel opaque.
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 03:11:23 pm »

I would say thats because of the background image, the lines in the background line up with the bevel and it makes it brighter, to avoid this you could make the bevel opaque.

I realized it, after I posted this. (Something soooo obvious that any novice would immediately realize it, Graphics-101) DUH! I feel like a real banana-duck now. Tongue  

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:45:11 am by JMB » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: