Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [solved] sndvol?  (Read 14065 times)
JoCe-from-France
Beginner

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:53:40 pm »

Hi, happy new year to all, 3am, PandaX, Andreas & all the windows modders!!

I have a small problem I dont find any answer anywhere. I've just had a new keyboard.
My old keyboard was a logitec using SetPoint.exe, which showed a volume, caps lock & vernum indicators.
Now back to raw windows, even deactivating motherboard stuff (msi, realtek) in system tray, I still have what's shown in attached image below when I change volume, which I think is sndvol.exe related, but dont find how to deactivate or to modify resource images.

Any idea ?

thx in advance!!
Joce
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:24:02 am by JoCe-from-France » Logged
xyl360
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:45:37 am »

Greetings Smiley

I can probably help you out with this.

Please do the following (don't worry, this isn't going to make any changes to your system; it's just going to show me all of the startup items so that I can take a look and see what needs to be disabled):

Create an Autoruns Log:
  • Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here and save it to your desktop.

• Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you also need to do the following:
      [list=1]
      • Right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Properties
      • Click on the Compatibility tab
      • Under Privilege Level check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
      • Click on Apply then click OK
    [/i]
  • Double-click Autoruns.exe to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Filter Options...
  • In the Autoruns Filter Options dialoge, verify that the following are unchecked, if they are checked, uncheck them:

• Include empty locations
    • Show only per-user locations
    • Hide Microsoft entries
    • Hide Windows entries

• Verify that the following is checked, if it is unchecked, check it:

• Verify code signatures

• Once that's done click the Rescan button or press F5 on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished and says Ready. on the lower left of the program window, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 01:32:10 am »

For what it's worth that icon is in SndVolSSO.dll not sndvol.exe.

No idea why you have a progress bar there
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:40:03 am »

Hi, happy new year to all, 3am, PandaX, Andreas & all the windows modders!!

I have a small problem I dont find any answer anywhere. I've just had a new keyboard.
My old keyboard was a logitec using SetPoint.exe, which showed a volume, caps lock & vernum indicators.
Now back to raw windows, even deactivating motherboard stuff (msi, realtek) in system tray, I still have what's shown in attached image below when I change volume, which I think is sndvol.exe related, but dont find how to deactivate or to modify resource images.

Any idea ?

thx in advance!!
Joce

For what it's worth that icon is in SndVolSSO.dll not sndvol.exe.

No idea why you have a progress bar there

That indicator is from Microsoft Intellitype. (keyboard software/driver) It's very fugly, for sure.  Cry

Uninstall it. Or go into the settings and disable the volume on-screen-display maybe. I have a Comfort Curve, but I never let Windows Update give me Microsoft's Mouse and Keyboard Center.
I'm guessing you most likely got it through Windows Update due to your new keyboard.

By the way, you should use an image host to post images in the future, OK?  Whoa  It's much easier than having people download a .zip containing an image.  Wink
Here are two good ones:

imgur http://imgur.com/

postimage http://postimage.org/

"In the soup
ginger crouton
cover him in grease(!)
rawww limby sausaaage.

bobbing poulet
salted joints
tuna in brine
deep dark slaww anoints

undertow the broken ford
back to garage help him, LORD!..."

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:19:08 pm by JMB » Logged
JoCe-from-France
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 12:23:23 am »

Hi thanks for your answers !!

SndVolSSO.dll ofc 3am Smiley
JMB is true, I have just also found it (by myself :p) : this is microsoft mouse & keyboard center, "Itype.exe" more precisely.
I don't see anything in start log or services so yes, we should just desinstall it or go to the option in "ms keyboard & mouse center" JMB was mentionning to avoid it to load at each start up ... (thanks xyl360, I'm alrigh in inspecting my start programs Wink

perhaps I'll give a try to see if this ugly stuff is customisable (& may be I'll upload on imgur to display in thread Wink... but I 'm pretty ok with snarl concerning notifications at the moment to be honnest.

Thanks again, and shall 2015 be great to all!

Joce.

ps: JMB your dark Path style looks great!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:26:44 am by JoCe-from-France » Logged
JMB
Dedicated Themer

aka YourNumbr1Fan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 06:42:20 am »

Thank you, JoCe-from-France! Glad you like the Path mod.  Smiley

I'm glad you have the Itype.exe figured out. It would be cool if you are able to customize the volume display. I suggest using Resource Hacker. I'm pretty sure that you can customize those images and change some of the color-related coding. Just dig around in there, see what's what.

Have a great 2015 yourself, my friend.  Smiley  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:28:21 am by JMB » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: