Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: modified aero style shellstyle.dll for VSB .  (Read 38159 times)
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 03:00:41 am »

i have made a modified version of aero style shellstyle.dll for VSB, that make the system taking the text color of a folder on the main window area[normal,hot, selected, disabled, selectednotfocus, hotselected] that exist on VistaStyleBuilder on  Explorer and Shell > Explorer > ListView >List Item  nomore dependent from the shellstyle.dll but taking its propertie from the mstyle ! from Fonts, Colors and System Metrics > Fonts and System Metrics > WINDOWTEXT : COLOR  

so now we can have these kind of modification thou it gives the same text color for normal, hot, selected, disabled, selectednotfocus, hotselected , the benefit is only that textcolor is given now from the msstyle [ from the parameter of  WINDOWTEXT : COLOR ]

so i need help frm Ave or ANYONE if there will be any adding on code on msstyle so for having enabled the highlight text color for hot and hotselected or anyother solution could be found.

---------------------------

aLSO i have noticed that on Ave's FolderBackground application we can select [and have via right clik to the main white window aerea folders] having white text with black shadow, is there a way in the mstyle to do that to Explorer and Shell > Explorer > ListView >List Item ?
 if we could not can we make enable having black as the main text color and white shadow arround it ?
-----
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 04:53:41 am »

Do you have me on MSN? If not add me (thepanda@live.com). I want to work on this. It's a great idea to let the shell use the theme's properties and would like to extend it with you.
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:29:18 pm »

ok. thanks Pandax.
 i have found [today] how to give text glow to the black text, thou not diffeent text color for each position[hot, or hotselected], and not shadowtext enable[perchaps i have done something wrong on this, or not be possible].
 also i dont know how to add more density to the glow, forexample if i use  textglow:int = 6 ,[and glowcolor white] i dont know how to do this glow effect more  compact, if i change the value of this , for example if i use  textglow:int = 2  that does not give me solution , because it ''changes'' the glow's  ''shape'', what i meAN is that [if there is noother solution] i want textglow:int = 6 (for example) ''glow circular shape'' be more white overall.
Also when i use folders on a window, not as icons, but as ''details'' glow text proprtie is not applied to all the words[just only to the word of the name of the folder, not to the date modified, Type etc categories.

see on word Shell of the current folder on image the glow arround it.

------------------------------------------

FOR  HAVING  GLOW ON OUR TEXT

adding properties :  Explorer and Shell > explorer > listview >     ------------> add properties COMPOSITED:BOOL  (SELECT IT),  TEXTGLOW:BOOL (SELECT IT), TEXTGLOWSIZE:INT  [ USE A NUMBER BIGGER THAN 0], GLOWCOLOR:COLOR  [SELECT THE  COLOR U LIKE]

THEN adding properties :  Explorer and Shell > explorer > listview > LISITEM   --------->    
IMAGECOUNT:INT   [I HAVE SETTED 6, AS I USE AN  IMAGE  HAVING 6 VERTICAL POSITIONS EACH FOR ANY POSITION, first for norml, second for hot etc]
IMAGEFILE:IMAGE  (INSERTING THE IMAGE)
SIZINGMARGINS:MARGINS    [FOREXAMPLE 4, 4, 4, 4]
CONTENTMARGINS:MARGINS   [FOREXAMPLE 4, 4, 4, 4]
BGTYPE:ENUM  >   IMAGEFILE
SIZINGTYPE:ENUM     STRECH
IMAGELAYOUT:ENUM   VERTICAL

THEN REMOVE  all properties included on  NORMAL,  HOT , SELECTED, DISABLED, SELECTED NOT FOCUS, and HOTSELECTED.      of Explorer and Shell > explorer > listview > LISITEM

then go to List,menu and Tabs > LISTVIEW > GROOPHEADER   and add propertie TEXTGLOWSIZE:INT  = 0  because the previous modification on Explorer and Shell > explorer > listview >   affects also to  List,menu and Tabs > LISTVIEW > GROOPHEADER  text color, so for not affect we add a propertie of 0 text glow size.

-------------------------------------

thou adding glow on the text is not my style[i dont use as i dont like it]. i would preffer  finding a solution having white text color on host and host selected. [ on microsoft Windows clasic we do have white text when mouse over].

so we have to look for.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:23:53 am by idas » Logged
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:24:06 pm »

nice idea with the special shellstyle.dll

im searching for a possibility to add shadow to the title & metadata in shellstyle below the Folderband..

i found out, that you can change the glow density by adding property INT:Glowintensity (value 0-1000)
moinmoin
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 07:34:21 pm »

Thanks idas for the tip.
i will test tomorrow,because i have only now getting VSB

moinmoin
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 10:00:32 pm »

Quote from: "sunbeam2000"
nice idea with the special shellstyle.dll

im searching for a possibility to add shadow to the title & metadata in shellstyle below the Folderband..

i found out, that you can change the glow density by adding property   INT:Glowintensity(value 0-1000)

this is true  INT : Glowintensity  to Glow text  gives control .
thank you  moinmoin.

-----------------------------

a value of TEXTGLOWSIZE : INT  =  8   and a value of  Glowintensity : INT  = 200 gives a nice effect, if you like glow effect, thou anyone can experiment to give a personal value.

----------------------------

so adding  Glowintensity  we have :

Explorer and Shell > explorer > listview > ------------> add properties

FONT:FONT  [SELECT THE FONT AND FONTSIZE YOU WANT]
COMPOSITED:BOOL (SELECT IT),
TEXTGLOW:BOOL (SELECT IT),
TEXTGLOWSIZE:INT [ USE A NUMBER BIGGER THAN 0],
GLOWCOLOR:COLOR [SELECT THE COLOR U LIKE] and final,  
Glowintensity : INT [ USE A VALUE 0-1000 THAT MAKES BEST CONTRAST BETWEEN THE IMAGE YOU USE AND THE GLOW COLOR YOU USE]

THEN adding properties :
Explorer and Shell > explorer > listview > LISITEM --------->

IMAGECOUNT:INT [I HAVE SETTED 6, AS I USE AN IMAGE HAVING 6 VERTICAL POSITIONS EACH FOR ANY POSITION, first for norml, second for hot etc]
IMAGEFILE:IMAGE (INSERTING THE IMAGE)
SIZINGMARGINS:MARGINS [FOREXAMPLE 4, 4, 4, 4]
CONTENTMARGINS:MARGINS [FOREXAMPLE 4, 4, 4, 4]
BGTYPE:ENUM > IMAGEFILE
SIZINGTYPE:ENUM STRECH
IMAGELAYOUT:ENUM VERTICAL

THEN REMOVE, as i have described, all properties included on NORMAL, HOT , SELECTED, DISABLED, SELECTED NOT FOCUS, and HOTSELECTED. of Explorer and Shell > explorer > listview > LISITEM

then go to List,menu and Tabs > LISTVIEW > GROOPHEADER and add propertie TEXTGLOWSIZE:INT = 0 because the previous modification on Explorer and Shell > explorer > listview > affects also to List,menu and Tabs > LISTVIEW > GROOPHEADER text color, so for not affect we add a propertie of 0 text glow size.

[see ''local disc'' glow text title on screenshot picture, GLOWINTENCITY propertie added]

-----------------------------

But as i preffer the original text colors without glow effects, so i would preffer finding a solution having white text color on host and host selected. (=mouse over and mouse prssed positions)
[ on microsoft Windows clasic we do have white text when mouse over].
so we have to look for, if possible.

----------------------------
Luceid
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 10:05:16 pm »

Hey Idas,
Is there any way you could upload the image(s) you use for the list item step? I would like to try this out but I am not sure how to make/find an appropriate image to use. Should the image be colored in any way? Or does the image color part in listview change it for you?
Thanks,
-Luceid
idas
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 11:23:49 am »

Hey Idas,
Is there any way you could upload the image(s) you use for the list item step? I would like to try this out but I am not sure how to make/find an appropriate image to use. Should the image be colored in any way? Or does the image color part in listview change it for you?
Thanks,
-Luceid

on VistaStyleBuilder on  Explorer and Shell > Explorer > ListView >List Item
you can make [design] square or more circle style images depending the sizing margins type semitransparent images .

the limit of them if there in circle style, is  1. the height, that because windows [not like osx] are using those images on all positions, for example for large icons, small icons, list, and details. so depending the font type and font size that you use to your style, you hve first to find the most resizable size that must not streched, so you set your system [size of files/folders] to Details and you measure the height that applied from your original image before the modification, also 2. see how much pixels width you can use doing a measurement[setting always your system [size of files] to Details] bettween the icon of the file and the left border of the original list item image .

Then you made the image you want [its not simple as simple as i writte here, because those i writte now i had to find  out myself on past first].
Microsoft's visual style because is using list item images that their corner are only a little circle, they are i can say '' square''type ones, so thats enable microsoft's designers to make large height images [ that dont have problem from their height when we set the folders to Details size, because of the '' square'' type] with beautifull large gradients of colors, that make a nice looking.

as i do not allow modifications or rip of a part or of all of my work on my themes, i can only show to you a preview of a hot list image on vista style builder, with the parameters i use.

---------------------------------------
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:02:13 pm by idas » Logged
Luceid
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 01:40:14 am »

Thanks a lot Idas. That helped.
Luceid
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »

I don't know if you found it yet but I found out how to mimic the engraved look thanks to some help from Sunbeam2000. Smiley

I had to do some more playing around but I got it to work, HOWEVER...

The right panel of the Start Menu goes completely black (except for the text).
I am still trying to find a way around this.  If you are still interested in pushing this idea further (I know you said you retired from the 'scene' because it's too time consuming), here is what I did:

sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 09:25:21 pm »

i think it goes black, because it works only on non-aero-parts, so in basic style it should work in the start menu, too.. (didn't test it there yet)

but buttons, headers and menu parts are no problem..
satukoro
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 03:01:57 am »

This is really interesting stuff and rather useful Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: