Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding patched theme files for modified aero.msstyle file  (Read 8655 times)
shweta123
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2013, 04:37:29 am »

Dear All,

To use modified MsStyles files in Windows, I Am aware that we need to have patched UxTheme DLL files or use an in-memory patching module.
If the Uxtheme files are not patched, the aero theme is not applied and windows switches to Windows Classic Theme.

But i came across this dicussion " http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1839.0" where the last post was "I have downloaded the latest beta, and both of these problems seem to have been resolved."

SO my Question is: IS there any new Beta Released for Windows Style Builder where we can modify the aero.mstyle and NOT have to patch the UX Theme Dlls

Awaiting your reply.

Regards
Shweta
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:47:05 pm »

No.

You could test and compile a msstyles without a patch or service  but you wouldn't be able to use or apply it.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:12:37 pm »

You still need a UxTheme Patcher, the issue discussed in that thread was about DWM crashing and dropping to Aero Basic not classic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: