Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explorer select textcolors  (Read 19751 times)
ProteinPannkaka
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2013, 05:31:27 am »

Is it possible to make all the text consistently white while selected and black when it isn't?

Thanks.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 12:33:13 pm »

In 8 you can do it in msstyles. But in 7 it's more complicated.

What I had to do was go into ExplorerFrame UIFILE 40960 and find everywhere

<UIItem background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::ListView, 1, 2), highlight)"  which is   (Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ListView > ListItem > Hot )
<UIItem background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::ListView, 1, 3), highlight)"                 (Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ListView > ListItem  > Selected)                                                                  
<UIItem background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::ListView, 1, 5), highlight)"                 (Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ListView > ListItem > SelectedNotFocus)
<UIItem background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::ListView, 1, 6), highlight)"                 (Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ListView > ListItem > HotSelected)

were located and added a foreground. I took the easy way out and added foreground="highlighttext" to all of them because there's a ton of them and I'm lazy, so they'd look like:

<UIItem background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::ListView, 1, 2), highlight)"  foreground="highlighttext" for example.

(If you wanted to make them Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > TEXTCOLOR:COLOR, for example you would add foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3803), windowtext)" and so get
<UIItem background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::ListView, 1, 2), highlight)"  foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3803), windowtext)" etc)

Attached is a 40960.txt with it all done. I also added foregrounds to all the states of Group Header which you also can't do in msstyles.

You can copy/paste this onto your ExplorerFrame UIFILE 40960 with Restorator 2007 if you like. Or do your own.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:39:53 pm by 3am » Logged
ProteinPannkaka
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 06:15:47 pm »

Thanks, I had to change the hot color but other than that it worked perfectly!  Cheesy
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 09:32:49 pm »

By "hot color" do you mean Fonts & System Metrics > HIGHLIGHTTEXT: COLOR?

Yeah. that just happens to be what I changed mine to. But you can make it any color in msstyles if you want.

Let's say, for example, you wanted to make them Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > TEXTCOLOR:COLOR instead then you would add foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3803), windowtext)" to all of the locations and so get
<UIItem background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::ListView, 1, 2), highlight)"  foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3803), windowtext)" etc.

Just replace all those foreground="highlighttext" entries with  foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3803), windowtext)" ones. Or whatever you like.
ProteinPannkaka
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 09:46:17 pm »

By "hot color" do you mean Fonts & System Metrics > HIGHLIGHTTEXT: COLOR?

Yeah. that just happens to be what I changed mine to. But you can make it any color in msstyles if you want.

Let's say, for example, you wanted to make them Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > TEXTCOLOR:COLOR instead then you would add foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3803), windowtext)" to all of the locations and so get
<UIItem background="themeable(dtb(ItemsView::ListView, 1, 2), highlight)"  foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3803), windowtext)" etc.

Just replace all those foreground="highlighttext" entries with  foreground="themeable(gtc(ItemsView, 0, 0, 3803), windowtext)" ones. Or whatever you like.

Yeah, don't worry I figured it out. I would like the open file dialog toolbar back though Smiley
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 10:12:44 pm »

The what? Show me a picture
ProteinPannkaka
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 03:25:12 am »

The what? Show me a picture

This one:

I can't say for sure it's from the explorerframe.dll but it seems logical.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 04:25:22 am »

I don't see anything wrong. That's what it is supposed to look like. What are you talking about?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:09:12 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 10:44:48 pm »

I don't see anything wrong. That's what it is supposed to look like. What are you talking about?

How do you not see anything wrong?

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 11:14:34 pm »

Huh?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:52:53 am by 3am » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 01:11:41 pm »

Are you talking about getting the command module or folderband back  which is missing everywhere not just in open/save in your theme?

http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1444.0

If so then go into your shellstyle and remove this padding that is killing your command module ( just delete the whole line <Element padding="rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,-34rp)"/>)

<style resid="FolderBandStyle">
                  <Element padding="rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,-34rp)"/>

then you will have this:

If this isn't what you mean then I still don't understand your question.

I attached a shellstyle with it done for you if you want it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:09:55 am by 3am » Logged
ProteinPannkaka
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 08:30:06 am »

The addressbar is what I'm after Smiley
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 09:22:44 am »

You have an Address Bar. Here's your theme in an Open window with Search disabled as you suggest doing in your theme description on DA:

The Address Bar is fine. Though, of course, you don't have any Search because you disabled it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:43:31 am by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 11:47:15 am »

You have an Address Bar. Here's your theme in an Open window with Search disabled as you suggest doing in your theme description on DA:

The Address Bar is fine. Though, of course, you don't have any Search because you disabled it.

You can clearly see in his screenshot he doesn't have an address bar.

-

ProteinPannkaka can you upload your current explorerframe? When the open/save file dialog looks like that, that means there's an error.
ProteinPannkaka
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 02:52:09 pm »

Well, as long as the .dll from the theme works it's not an issue. I'm about to reinstall anyway since lots of programs decided to stop working recently (before the explorerframe Wink).
dpcdpc11
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 04:17:07 pm »

In 8 you can do it in msstyles. But in 7 it's more complicated.

On Win 8 I'm trying to change the text to white for all the selected items, just like the guy above asked but it doesn't work.
From what you said above it should work on win 8 but not luck for me.
I've attached the msstyle file if you like to take a look at it please.
Thanks!
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 11:22:41 pm »

Fixed and attached

I just made

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected > Textcolor

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected Property > Textcolor

white Wink
dpcdpc11
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 01:25:00 am »

Fixed and attached

I just made

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected > Textcolor

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected Property > Textcolor

white Wink

And again you saved the day mister! Thank you very much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: