Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forcing a universal caption height.  (Read 12742 times)
Felipe
Beginner

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:32:37 am »

How? I saw it done in Amana 2, and I guess others also do it. Are there any negatives to doing this? I noticed the caption buttons went below the caption in the maximized frame, in Amana 2, but I want to make the caption taller, so maybe this wouldn't happen to me.

Windows 7 - latest beta.

Thank you.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:16:13 pm »

How? I saw it done in Amana 2, and I guess others also do it. Are there any negatives to doing this? I noticed the caption buttons went below the caption in the maximized frame, in Amana 2, but I want to make the caption taller, so maybe this wouldn't happen to me.

Windows 7 - latest beta.

Thank you.

When a window is maximized the title bar height is shorter because the top frame is cut down as are the frames on all sides:

In Amana 2 he failed to compensate for this in his top frame images and/or his caption button glyph images making the caption button glyph image backgrounds extend lower than the dark part of his top frame images when maximized.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:45:48 pm by 3am » Logged
Felipe
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »

I understand as much. I was wondering how he was able to force all windows to have the same caption height, as I would like to do the same. Thank you.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:54:14 pm »

My point was that he wasn't able to do this because it can't be done as far as I know.

Actually using a PADDEDBORDERWIDTH:SIZE of 0 you can get the regular and maximized caption bar within 2 pixels of each other. Best I can do though
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:02:15 am by 3am » Logged
Felipe
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 01:39:59 am »

Thank you, but I am not talking about the regular and max frame sizes.

Amana2 forces all regular frames to have the same caption height. This is not normal.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 01:59:27 am »

Thank you, but I am not talking about the regular and max frame sizes.

Amana2 forces all regular frames to have the same caption height. This is not normal.

Windows 7 - latest beta.

Thank you.

Then what are you talking about?
Felipe
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 02:06:13 am »

Regular.
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 02:07:25 am »

Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:02:40 pm by Dave Senior » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 12:39:41 pm »

It is also just part of his top frame images that correspond to the caption/title bar such as the dark part here for example (Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top in Amana2):

Nothing unusual or forced about it. It is part of the images so therefore it is always the same.

Like I said the size problems arise when your windows are maximized. You mentioned it so I talked about it and how to compensate for it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:42:15 pm by 3am » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: