Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Window Shadows  (Read 9424 times)
Felipe
Beginner

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2013, 03:05:21 pm »

Are window shadow preferences associated with themes? I have to enable them every time I restart.

Thank you.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 03:44:33 pm »

If you have "Show Shadows Under Windows" checked in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools\Advanced Tools\ Adjust the Appearance and Performance of Windows\Performance Options\Visual Effects then you will see whatever shadow images are in a msstyles.

If you have it unchecked then you will see Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Shadowless Window frame images with no shadows no matter what shadow images are in the msstyles
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:47:16 pm by 3am » Logged
Felipe
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 02:06:48 pm »

I have it checked, and when I restart it is unchecked. I've been enabling it every time I turn my computer on - I've already added shadows to my theme and am using it. I was wondering if whether they were enabled or disabled was a part of the theme? I know that there are separate frames.

Thank you.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 04:01:01 pm »

Whether or not the shadows are enabled are not has nothing to do with the msstyles.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 04:41:28 pm »

Never heard of that happening.

Did you uncheck anything in that Visual Effects menu?

If so, recheck them and see if that has any effect,

Unchecking some stuff there can have some bad effects
Felipe
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 04:48:42 am »

I solved it by adjusting the preferences through Start > Search > SystemPropertiesPerformance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: