Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DumpTheme does not do anything for me - Win7 64bit  (Read 7064 times)
Randy
Beginner

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2013, 07:49:05 pm »

I am trying to dump a theme on my Win 7 64-bit system.  I use DumpTheme.exe, specify the source msstyles file in DumpTheme's open dialog box, and then specify a txt file in its next save-as dialog box.  Then nothing happens.  I've monitored the program using SysInternals' ProcessMonitor program, and, although DumpTheme does in fact issue CreateFile calls against the target text file, it never issues any WriteFile calls.  Just CloseFile.

It seems to me that DumpFile.exe worked for me on my earlier 32-bit build, but how do I get something out of it now?

[Edit add] Additionally, there is a right-click-menu option to export all properties of a tree item when the right click occurs in the tree pane showing the elements of the style.  When I select this option, nhothing at happens after picking it.  It seems to me that this, too, worked on the 32-bit Win7 system.

(What I am trying to do is locate all references to a color to try to isolate why something is happening in a theme.  Is there another way to do this?)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:54:50 pm by Randy » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 10:39:48 pm »

I'm not sure but DumpTheme might be 32-bit only.

Exporting properties is for stylehacks. Nothing happens externally but internally it marks all the records under the tree for when you click export to stylehack and creates it in %appdata%\VistaStyleBuilder\Stylehacks

Have you tried searching for the color in the search box? It'll list give you a list of all properties that contain that color.
Randy
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 02:27:40 am »

Thanks for the info about DumpTheme -- and especially the comment about the search box.  I'd never noticed it before . . . it was lost in the upper right hand corner of a large window.  It does exactly what I wanted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: