Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shellstyle Help  (Read 20522 times)
KoL
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2009, 01:35:27 am »

Ok I was told that this two part that are red in the image are in the shellstyle. I'm using Restorator 2007 to open the shellstyle but I don't see the image there. What I'm doing wrong? Do I need another program?

studiotwentyeight.com
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 02:05:58 am »

The CommandBar at the top uses a transparent image. The green blue gradient under it is controlled in the shellstyle.dll > UIFILE on Line 525 (default shellstyle. Else search for FolderBand)

<TemplateBackground background="Gradient(argb(255, 4, 80, 130), argb(255, 17, 101, 132), argb(255, 29, 121, 134), 3)" />

The image that overlays it is located at Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > <1>

The details pane gradient is located in shellstyle.dll > UIFILE. Search for *layoutstyle (where * is: documents, games, generic, music, and/or photo.) In the <TemplateBackground background= line change the gradient.

Alternatively you can use the attached shellstyle.dll below. It's from an old theme of mine. The UIFILE was modified by Michael over at AeroXP to allow images to be shown in the DetailsPane.

Image list:
200 - Generic files command bar image. (Replaces the gradient.)
300 - Generic files details pane image.
400 - Music files details pane image.
401 - Music files command bar image.
600 - Photos/Videos files details pane image.
601 - Photos/Videos files command bar image.
700 - Documents files details pane image.
701 - Documents files command bar image.
800 - Games details pane image. **

** CommandBar image for the Games explorer was never achieved. It uses the generic files command bar image (200).

Shellstyle: http://longhornfusion.net/shellstyle.zip
KoL
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 03:10:36 pm »

Thanks a lot that worked.
I have another two questions about the windows Cheesy

How do you remove the bottom right image on the details pane?
On the list view Name, Type, Total Size, Free Space. How do you change the text color?

studiotwentyeight.com
Spitzen
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Windows 7 Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 08:29:33 pm »

For changing the text color of "Name, Type..." go to Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > BINTEXT:COLOR
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 03:00:28 am »

KoL -

To remove the image on the details pane, you will need to use a hacked shellstyle that doesn't show the image. I don't think you can find a direct download of the original modded shellstyle. So I would suggest downloading a modified shellstyle (like from Vathanx's gallery) or just suck one out of another Visual style and change the images from there. If you don't know how to change the font colors of the shellstyle (font colors of details pane), then just find one that has the font colors you need (or read the bottom of UKintel's Hex tutorial where it has how to change them). There isn't any Hex editing to change the font colors of the shellstyle, it's just a matter of editing RGB values in a .txt file in the shellstyle.dll.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 03:02:12 am by sweatyfish » Logged
KoL
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 08:48:46 pm »

Need help with the bottom part of the shellstyle. I set to tile the image but its tiling the entire image. I want to tile the middle part of the image. Where I can change the sizing margins or something similar on the shellstyle?

studiotwentyeight.com
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 09:21:38 pm »

i don't know exactly, but i think, there are no margins possible in the shellstyleUI.txt

set the tile off, so the image is stretched over the whole area,

but you can overlay the preview pane with some highlight or shadow in :

Explorer & Shell / Shell / Previewpane / <1> / <1>  (there are margins possible)
maybe you can put your whole preview pane image there with your desired margins.

(i haven't testet it yet, but it should work..)

preview doesn't work by testing with the standard aero shellstyle, only by applying the style, or you copy your personal shellstyle in the
C:\Users\Name of user\AppData\Local\Temp\Shell
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:24:59 pm by sunbeam2000 » Logged
KoL
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:57:41 pm »

Yeah that worked thanks. Smiley At first it didn't work because I was using a modded shellstyle with images. I switched to Aero shellstyle and worked but now Im getting the bottom right image on the preview pane. Where I remove that in the UIFILE?

studiotwentyeight.com
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 08:56:08 am »

that's a good question, i've read it somewhere, but forgot where.

i've testet it also, and it works with bmp-shellstyles, too.
but the png-picture in VSB - PreviewPane has to be 100% opaque.

maybe one solution:

-take bmp-shellstyle without "bottom-right" image
-reduce the bmp's to one (by linking only to bmp 300 and deleting the others in the file, you can do that with the folderband images (200 etc), too)
-replace the 300 bmp by a very small white bmp to get a small file size for the shellstyle.dll
-place the desired preview-pane pic in VSB

KoL
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 04:52:30 pm »

I tried that and it didnt work.  Huh? Maybe I'm doing something. Do you have the bmp-shellstyle that you tested it?

studiotwentyeight.com
KoL
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 05:30:52 pm »

I tried another shellstyle and now its working. Damn finally I have the image like I wanted. Thanks a lot for the help Cheesy

studiotwentyeight.com
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 05:35:09 pm »

fine.. i'm curious how your theme will look at the end..
patrickgs
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 08:42:08 pm »

If you want to remove the bottom right imae next time, open shellstyle.dll with restorator and remove the FTR files inside it. That will do it. You can also replace the FTR's with those located in shell32.dll but as far as i know it is not possible to create custom FTR animations.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 09:10:31 pm »

If you want to remove the bottom right imae next time, open shellstyle.dll with restorator and remove the FTR files inside it. That will do it. You can also replace the FTR's with those located in shell32.dll but as far as i know it is not possible to create custom FTR animations.
You've seen Longhorn Fusion's Beta II  Wink
KoL
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 04:22:35 pm »

Cool, Im going to try that later. Thanks. Smiley

studiotwentyeight.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: