Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resolved ]Start Menu BG Image Fail  (Read 12037 times)
Poopcow23
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:18:48 am »

Although I am still a novice with WSB, I am trying to add an image to the BG in the places list. The left side is correct,& the image created for the right should have displayed just as I had invisioned. Of course, on replacing the image the result wasn't so perfect. So i believe that I have set a setting incorrectly. Anybody who can help resolve my issue, It is much appreciated.

- PS. Is there somewhere I can find a list of the WSB properties & their effects?

Thanks Again,
   -Brandon
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:12:50 am by Poopcow23 » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:39:56 am »

I don't see anything wrong with the properties in your screenshot, so I'm not sure what's going on. Try adjusting the sizingmargins:margins or contentmargins:margins to see if it changes anything.
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:48:48 am »

You will need to set the image to tile and set the sizing margin to 0, 145, 350, 0 and see what happens, adjust the margins till the image is tiled corectly
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:06:59 am »

You will need to set the image to tile and set the sizing margin to 0, 145, 350, 0 and see what happens, adjust the margins till the image is tiled corectly

Sizing margins aren't used when the image is set to tile. And it'd still tile the border of the image as well making it look odd.
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 06:39:07 am »

Sizing margins aren't used when the image is set to tile. And it'd still tile the border of the image as well making it look odd.

I have always used tile for that image and tile does work with sizing margins, that is the only way to use a pattern there, plus the margins settings I gave him means the inside will tile and the bottom, not the border, also that particular image has always been a problem and never abides by the rules when it comes to margins and image dimensions, it will always try to cut off the left side of the image and using tile and the margins I mentioned is the only way I have manged to work around that.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:42:47 am by Mr GRiM » Logged
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:48:05 am »

Here is what happens when using Truesize instead of tile, see how the left side of the image is removed.
Poopcow23
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 08:49:18 am »

Both Panda & Grim, I thank you both so sincerely, resizing the content margins did the trick. So basically you set the sizing margins to tile the ends of each square? Now that you have given me the answer for my places panel, lets see how quick I can conquer the remaining panels. You both are fantastic you kthat =P. Thank you again. Check back if you'd like to see my final result.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 09:36:01 am »

I have always used tile for that image and tile does work with sizing margins, that is the only way to use a pattern there, plus the margins settings I gave him means the inside will tile and the bottom, not the border, also that particular image has always been a problem and never abides by the rules when it comes to margins and image dimensions, it will always try to cut off the left side of the image and using tile and the margins I mentioned is the only way I have manged to work around that.

That's quite interesting, last I tried that it didn't work so I assumed it didn't work.
Poopcow23
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 01:18:00 am »

Well here is the final result. Took a little bit of fidadling with, but turned out relativly nice. Now I intend on making the program list fade into the carbonfiber. So the image doesn't have such a distinct edge to it. Check it out....
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 01:41:57 am »

Nice work mate, don't forget you can also change the default panel size for each image, you can either change the one in basic or add new ones to aero, that way you do not have to sacrifice your design to fit the default start menu size
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: