Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Address Bar/Breadcumb Bar - Vertically Centre Text  (Read 10066 times)
skymartial
Beginner

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:58:39 pm »

Please see the below image. The navbar is large enough to accommodate the text, but for some reason, there seems to be a margin applied to the top of the navbar. I have tried tinkering with the base:band and the breadcrumb item and address bar margins, all to no avail. Any ideas? Any help much appreciated.

BTW, realise it looks a little ridiculous with the font this large, but going for a particular style here.
ka-la
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:23:07 pm »

Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Basic > Base > Band   CONTENTMARGNIS ( if im correct ) should do the trick but keep in mind that it does make the window frame higher.
skymartial
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:28:51 pm »

Thank you for the help, but it appears that whatever the size of the rebar band is, the address bar seems to be a maximum fixed height, in addition to which it does not seem to centre itself in the rebar band. I'd be really grateful for anything else you can suggest, as I've been grappling with this for a few days, sure that there must be a way of fixing it, but entirely unable to find it.

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:12:01 pm »

Tried to see if I could replicate your problem.

Here is Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Breadcrumb > Basic > Normal > Active Crumbs with an Arial 22pt font:

Here's the same thing but I changed the Content Margins to (2, 2, -9, -3) at Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Address > AddressBand > Basic > AddressBand > Background:

So looks like changing the content margins at the address band might solve your problem
skymartial
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:40:58 am »

Hurrah! Thanks so much that worked. Whilst I can see the actual permitted height is hard coded (or at least set somewhere else) because the bottom and top of my glow is slightly cut off, doing this and changing the size of the font to 18-20 solves the problem, and effectively retains the look I was going for.

Thank you both for your efforts, was so frustrated after trying. Didn't think of negative content margins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: