Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of questions about shellstyle.dll  (Read 6975 times)
gsw953
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 03:42:57 pm »

Hi I have a couple of about shellstyle.dll,base and wsb.
First I think I half understand it,for example "Shellstyle:GenericLayout, 13, 0, 3602" would be edited in WSB by going to the
13 property of shellstyle:genericlayout?
What do the last 2 numbers represent(the 0 and the 3602)?
So in theory if I say, wanted the Reading pane and Homegroup windows to always have the same matching gradients I could just
edit the bp_pane to get it's background from the same place as the ReadingPane:
background="themeable(Gradient(gtc(ReadingPane, 1, 0, 3810), gtc(ReadingPane, 1, 0, 3811), gtc(ReadingPane, 1, 0, 3812), 4), window)" ?
One other question,In the shellstyle gradients are ARGB colors and in WSB they are RGB's.Is the a way to control the A part(transparency) in WSB?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:55:36 pm »

It's "Class, Part, State, Property" so it would be Shellstyle > Shellstyle:GenericLayout > PreviewMetadata

If you don't already, run wsb with the -debug flag so you can see the status bar, it makes it easier to navigate. ex in the target box of VistaStyleBuilder.exe's properties "X:\My Programs\Customization\Ave's Apps\Windows Style Builder\Windows Style Builder.exe" -debug

Yes you can share properties like that by using the same attributes.

The msstyles only supports RGB unfortunately so the only way to use transparency is via DirectUI.
gsw953
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »

Thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: