Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing style problem and color of windows  (Read 8917 times)
sebaz
Beginner

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:44:33 am »

In working on each of the graphic elements and testing them it's annoying that the tested style always has the baby blue default Windows color, and then when I press stop testing it doesn't go back to the color I had set in the Window Color control panel but instead to the ugly baby blue window color. So I've got a couple of obvious questions:

1) is there a way to set the predetermined color and opacity in the style I'm editing to what I want? For example, right now I'm trying to design a style that is all black with white text for the most part. That means a black command module background with white text, which I already achieved using the maps here, but I would like to set things in a way that when I press the test button, the color of the windows that you normally set in the Window Color CP is already black, and not having to set it each and every time from the control panel.

2)Is there a way to set WSB so that when I press "Stop testing" it goes back to the window color that I had set before, instead of going back to the baby blue and also to the Segoe 9 pt font? This is not terrible when it's just a couple of times, but when I'm working on a specific element of the style, and I have to go back and forth between normal and test states, it's really annoying to have to change the windows color each when I test, and then click on the saved theme when I go back to normal state.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:16:49 am »

In working on each of the graphic elements and testing them it's annoying that the tested style always has the baby blue default Windows color, and then when I press stop testing it doesn't go back to the color I had set in the Window Color control panel but instead to the ugly baby blue window color. So I've got a couple of obvious questions:

1) is there a way to set the predetermined color and opacity in the style I'm editing to what I want? For example, right now I'm trying to design a style that is all black with white text for the most part. That means a black command module background with white text, which I already achieved using the maps here, but I would like to set things in a way that when I press the test button, the color of the windows that you normally set in the Window Color CP is already black, and not having to set it each and every time from the control panel.

2)Is there a way to set WSB so that when I press "Stop testing" it goes back to the window color that I had set before, instead of going back to the baby blue and also to the Segoe 9 pt font? This is not terrible when it's just a couple of times, but when I'm working on a specific element of the style, and I have to go back and forth between normal and test states, it's really annoying to have to change the windows color each when I test, and then click on the saved theme when I go back to normal state.

I've always assumed this was a bug in 7 because in Vista it didn't happen.

You can change the color manually in the msstyles, it however will conflict with the colorization in the control panel.

To do so go to: Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Active

and change ColorizationColor:Int from 0 to -16777216
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:02:27 am »

I used to get so annoyed at that as well but some time ago my theme just stopped doing it so I have stayed with that msstyles ever since for all my new themes lol, wish I knew how I did it though.
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 09:06:01 pm »

You can also change the colorizationopacity : int to "0" at

Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Active , Inactive.....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:08:09 pm by davesenior » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 10:33:44 pm »

Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > Active , Inactive.....

I just realized I told him how to make it black opaque. Lol.

-----

Ignore what I said and do the method quoted. It's what I use.
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 04:33:16 am »

Thanks Dave, now I know how I did it then lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: