Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MsPaint & WordPad  (Read 15225 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2010, 11:55:30 pm »

Some time ago I changed Paint and Wordpad totally to black. Now I forget how I did it Embarrassed

Anybody know the answer? It has to be in msstyles or shellstyle.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:14:13 am by 3am » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 04:29:07 am »

Never mind.

It works but only if you change everything to black. Any other color or combination of colors doesn't work. No idea why. So I can't make a map because it would be all black! That's perfect for me anyway.

Anybody know why this is the case?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:39:00 am by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 05:44:04 am »

Never mind.

It works but only if you change everything to black. Any other color or combination of colors doesn't work. No idea why. So I can't make a map because it would be all black! That's perfect for me anyway.

I can't remember what it was but there's some change you can make where the Ribbon drops down to some classic-like theme.
Greg S
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:29:48 am »

Never mind.

Do you have the status bar showing in your all black MSPaint? If yes, how did you change the background color of the zoom toolbar in the status bar?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:40:37 am »

Do you have the status bar showing in your all black MSPaint? If yes, how did you change the background color of the zoom toolbar in the status bar?

You mean the background of the trackbar? Fonts & System Metrics > BTNFACE:COLOR:

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:03:23 am by 3am » Logged
Greg S
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 04:31:49 am »

You mean the background of the trackbar? Fonts & System Metrics > BTNFACE:COLOR:

Ok, thanks! I'll give it a try. Other than buttons shown in dialogs that have the classic look, do you know of any other elements that might be affected?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 04:53:49 am »

Ok, thanks! I'll give it a try. Other than buttons shown in dialogs that have the classic look, do you know of any other elements that might be affected?

BTNFACE:COLOR is everywhere. It is system wide. I like my black Paint because I have a black style. Black WINDOW:COLOR, Black APPWORKSPACE:COLOR, black MENU:COLOR, black BTNFACE:COLOR etc etc. It's not for everyone. You can't just have a black Paint or Wordpad without having a total black style because the changes needed are system wide Tongue
Greg S
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 01:15:24 am »

BTNFACE:COLOR is everywhere. It is system wide. I like my black Paint because I have a black style. Black WINDOW:COLOR, Black APPWORKSPACE:COLOR, black MENU:COLOR, black BTNFACE:COLOR etc etc. It's not for everyone. You can't just have a black Paint or Wordpad without having a total black style because the changes needed are system wide Tongue

Yes, I'm aware that it's system wide. The color I thought that I could use would be close enough for other system areas but unfortunately I can't do it. I'm using an image for the status bar and won't be able to get the MsPaint to match close enough. For now, I'll just not show the ugly status bar in MsPaint.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 05:18:34 am »

I wish I could find the blue font color circled in red:

It is rgb(30,57,91). It is everywhere ( Calculator font, PhotoViewer toolbar font etc etc) but I can never find it. Seems to be hardcoded like the black font that is everywhere too. Hardcoding colors is bullshit Angry

BTW the gray color in the top left of both ribbons is Fonts & System Metrics > SCROLLBAR:COLOR of all things.

I rooted around in UIRibbon.dll and UIRibbonRes.dll but found little useful.

Why all of this works only if everything is black is a mystery to me.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 07:47:37 am »

I wish I could find the blue font color circled in red:

It is rgb(30,57,91). It is everywhere ( Calculator font, PhotoViewer toolbar font etc etc) but I can never find it. Seems to be hardcoded like the black font that is everywhere too. Hardcoding colors is bullshit Angry

BTW the gray color in the top left of both ribbons is Fonts & System Metrics > SCROLLBAR:COLOR of all things.

I rooted around in UIRibbon.dll and UIRibbonRes.dll but found little useful.

Why all of this works only if everything is black is a mystery to me.

That's an image, not a font. Also SCROLLBAR:COLOR didn't change anything more me.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 03:13:57 pm »

1) You"re right. They're icons. I totally missed them. But my other font examples stand. So does my hardcoding remark.

2) SCROLLBAR:COLOR works for me. Here I changed it to red:

Maybe you thought I meant somewhere else?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 09:49:58 pm »

1) You"re right. They're icons. I totally missed them. But my other font examples stand. So does my hardcoding remark.

2) SCROLLBAR:COLOR works for me. Here I changed it to red:

Maybe you thought I meant somewhere else?

Oh it's because you have a flat ribbon. I still don't know how to do that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: