Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Blur with Search Box  (Read 14997 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:45:03 pm »

This gives full blur & maximum transparency to your Start Menu and includes a Search Box which is black or transparent depending on it's state:

Your Start Menu will look like this:

When you use this make sure you select IMPORT IMAGES to get the complete look.

The only changes outside of the Start Menu menus & panels are:

Address, Breadcrumb & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > <1> where I changed Content & Sizing Margins
Address, Breadcrumb & Search > Search > Edit > SearchEdit > TextBox > Normal Text where I changed the textcolor to white

This will change your Explorer Search Box to black when clicked.

This Stylehack is just an adaptation of work originally done by Bingxuemei.

Here is a zip file containing 3 differences.txt files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4039ddmmmeaak62

The differences between aero msstyles and a msstyles after applying my first stylehack(without search box).
The differences between a msstyles after the first hack (without search box) and one after the second (with search box).
The differences between a msstyles after the second hack(with search box) and aero msstyles.

Using these you should be able to tell exactly what was changed by these stylehacks ( except all the transparent image changes which you can find by looking. They will be obvious).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:58:07 pm by 3am » Logged
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 05:30:41 am »

I really like this hack tried it on a test msstyles
Thanks Jerry
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:41:53 pm »

You should only export the properties that needed to be changed rather than the whole start menu.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 11:24:42 pm »

You should only export the properties that needed to be changed rather than the whole start menu.

I didn't put the whole start menu in the hack.

I did put a lot of it because I wanted the hack to make the start menu look exactly like the picture when applied in default Aero. This meant adding a lot of transparent images to make the blur as visible as possible. Some extras might have got added along the way, but nothing that should cause any problems.

As I said, the transparent image changes are obvious. You can change them back if you don't want them. But you should keep them if you want  exactly what is illustrated in the picture.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:01:27 am by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 01:12:00 am »

I didn't put the whole start menu in the hack.

I did put a lot of it because I wanted the hack to make the start menu look exactly like the picture when applied in default Aero. This meant adding a lot of transparent images to make the blur as visible as possible. Some extras might have got added along the way, but nothing that should cause any problems.

As I said, the transparent image changes are obvious. You can change them back if you don't want them. But you should keep them if you want  exactly what is illustrated in the picture.

Well you should include one that only changes the necessary properties. It took me 10 minutes to remake my start menu because of all the stuff I didn't need.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: