Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Blur Stylehack  (Read 17781 times)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:55:47 pm »

This will allow you full blur to your Start Menu:

Here's what it will look like:

Sunbeam 2000 gave me permission to Stylehack this. This has NO Search Box.

When you apply the hack APPLY THE IMAGES because there are a lot of necessary image changes in it.

TEST it out on a test.msstyles ( aero renamed) first. BACKUP your theme msstyles so you can always go back. Compare test msstyles with a copy of aero with the DIFFERENCE TOOL to see what's changed.

Not everything is changed. I didn't include a transparent Scroll Bar because it would make all your Scroll Bars transparent.
Some arrows and buttons need to be tweaked etc. But you can do that after application. All the big stuff is done.

If you do make changes DON'T TOUCH the ContentMargins or DefaultPaneSize:Rect of StartMenu > Basic > Open Box or OpenBox Extended. Also don't touch any of the Bool properties and values.

Hope you like it Smiley

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:59:33 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 12:07:51 am »

I think removing usability for eye candy is kind of dumb. I'd rather have a search box than have a opaque start menu with a search box then a transparent one without. It doesn't make any sense considering you open the start menu to look for a program, not to look at your wallpaper.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 12:17:53 am »

You colored the tree view in this stylehack as well.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:26:31 am »

You colored the tree view in this stylehack as well.

The Tree vIew has to be black for All Programs transparency. The Tree View > Tree Item > Normal > Textcolor:Color has to be light so you can see WSB tree.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 12:57:55 am »

The Tree vIew has to be black for All Programs transparency. The Tree View > Tree Item > Normal > Textcolor:Color has to be light so you can see WSB tree.

Then use Start Menu > Menus > Aero > *:TreeView. You don't need it to inherit all the way up to the main TreeView.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 08:00:16 pm »

I have changed the stylehack file to reflect Panda's suggestions after some complications. Explorer>Tree View is no longer black.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 05:13:49 am »

I won't be doing a Stylehack for Full Blur with a Search Box because I can't get the Search Box to blur.

I'm stuck with either an ugly big white one or an ugly little black one. Both kill the look in my opinion.

Maybe somebody else will have better luck.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 08:33:52 am »

I won't be doing a Stylehack for Full Blur with a Search Box because I can't get the Search Box to blur.

I'm stuck with either an ugly big white one or an ugly little black one. Both kill the look in my opinion.

Maybe somebody else will have better luck.

You're suppose to have a search box there so it won't show it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: