Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Color Common Dialog  (Read 8876 times)
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:41:17 am »

It seems that the color common dialog does not function correctly in VSB. If I would like to enter RGB values manually I can enter only 2 digits in the boxes. (ie.: I wnat to enter 155 I can enter only 15 and entering the third digit it beeps.)

In other programs (ie.: Paint) this dialog function correctly!

Why is it not possible in VSB to enter wanted colors as ARGB values? It is okay that you display the color properties as color, but should displayed as ARGB, too!!! (For exaple: Shift + mouse click on color prop value should display a simple dialog where I can ener ARGB values.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 01:08:24 pm »

Are you talking about the boxes in the color palette? They work fine for me.

Here's a little video on how to correctly enter any rgbs you want:

http://www.screencast.com/t/MDhkMGQ0
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:04:16 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 04:53:33 pm »

MSStyles doesn't support ARGB.
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 08:07:39 pm »

Thank you picked up this little video. This is the way I wanted to follow, but it is not possible. Indeed, if I want to write a three-character-length number (eg 105) in the the RGB fields, the program allows only the first two characters entered. When you enter the third beeps. (It is a system beep meaning you have reached the allowed length.)

Using other programs (eg, Paint) I have not experienced this problem.  (BTW, I use VSB 1.5.0.0 under Vista. (I use DPI magnification: 160% - because I'm visually impaired. (I think is does not matter, because only in VSB exists this problem)

PandaX - thanks correcting me in ARGB)
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 08:02:35 pm »

This problem exists in all Vista systems using DPI-scaling. (I use 160% DPI). Using DPI scaling should be the "Use XP-style DPI scaling" checkbox should be checked and the system should be 2 (!) times restart.

(Casue the problem:
The normal (not XP-style) DPI scaling does not scales correctly the non-true-type fonts. The color common dialog does not changed since the ancient win3.1 times - It uses non-true-type font. XP-style scaling scales these fonts correctly.)

Finally I can use color dialog box!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: