Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 10159 times)
Yushatak
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:07:04 pm »

The first one should be easy - so I'll start with it:

Where do I change the caption bar text color for a maximized active window? I found how to change it for a normal window, an inactive maximized window, but not an active maximized window. Also, is there a way to set it for an inactive normal window separately? Or must they share..

The second question is weirder..

I set up a custom status pane (bottom of explorer window) and it works fine in test mode. "Alright," I think, "I'll now save and apply the theme". I do so, and the status pane stays exactly the same as in Aero, even though the test mode worked perfectly. I figured explorer might be caching data somehow so I restarted it. I then figured perhaps Windows cached this data, so I restarted the PC. Still no go. Any idea?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:46:33 pm »

1) Add these:  Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > Dwm Window > Frames > Normal > Top > MaxInactive > TextColor:Color

Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > Dwm Window > Frames > Normal > Top > MaxActive > TextColor:Color

Add the textcolors with the Add Property button.

2) I don't know offhand. If it tests it should save.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:55:42 pm by 3am » Logged
Yushatak
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:29:28 am »

I made a screepcapped video of the problem to perhaps better illustrate it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DRoNGQpVsg
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 02:40:53 am »

Link is bad. Takes me to sign-up page.
Yushatak
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 06:12:12 am »

Link is definitely fine, but maybe you need an account to watch private videos. I'll make it public...

Edit: Ah they added a new feature I think, or I didn't realize there was a difference between unlisted and private. Link should work now.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 06:19:49 am »

Link is definitely fine, but maybe you need an account to watch private videos. I'll make it public...

Edit: Ah they added a new feature I think, or I didn't realize there was a difference between unlisted and private. Link should work now.

Is there a shell folder in the directory where your theme is located? The details pane is themed through Shell32.dll to Shellstyle.dll from the MSStyles
Yushatak
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 07:08:48 am »

No there is not - I first was trying it in the root folder my themes dir, and then I created a folder for it and hex edited aero.theme to point to it. What should I do to get a shellstyle.dll - just copy it from Aero? Is what I did the correct way to get a .theme file, as well?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:49:21 am »

No there is not - I first was trying it in the root folder my themes dir, and then I created a folder for it and hex edited aero.theme to point to it. What should I do to get a shellstyle.dll - just copy it from Aero? Is what I did the correct way to get a .theme file, as well?

Just copy aero's shell folder into the same directory as your msstyles. To make a .theme file you can copy aero.theme and edit it in notepad.
Yushatak
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 10:27:27 pm »

Thanks much, Mr. Panda - works now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:29:34 pm by Yushatak » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: