Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CommonPlaces (Vista)  (Read 18414 times)
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2010, 05:54:04 pm »

What changes itself when I set the following properties:

1. CommonPlaces::Toolbar > <default>
   - FillColorHint
   - AccentColorHint

2. CommonPlaces::Toolbar > Button
   - FillColorHint

3. CommonPlaces::MenuBand > <2>

4. Where to set the chevron image (visible after the last button if not all buttons can be displayed.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:19:41 pm »

Been a long time since I themed Vista. But all of those have to do with Favorite Links & the Folders underneath.
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 06:25:30 pm »

Thanks for answer, but I need to know exactly what changes itself if I change these properties. I have changed them, but it seems have no effects.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:43 pm »

Thanks for answer, but I need to know exactly what changes itself if I change these properties. I have changed them, but it seems have no effects.

Then changing those properties has no effect if you see no change in Favorite Links etc.

What do you want to change? Send a picture.

I'll look and see what needs to be done.

But I'll have to boot into Vista....and it may involve the shellstyle maybe. I won't know until I see what you want to do.
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:14:14 pm »

Thanks! :-) I'm a VIP (visually impaired person) and began to do what Microsoft has forgotten: to make usable Vista and W7 for VIPs. Because these themes will be used by thousands of people will use, so I would like to plan as thoroughly as possible. By the way it seems that those properties do not alter anything. (Currently I don't test shellstyle. It could be you're right and they are in connection with shellstyle settings.)

The chevron image you can see on the attached image.

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 04:48:30 am »

The color of this chevron is controlled by Fonts & System Metrics > MenuText:Color.

Just make the background the same color as your MenuText:Color to make the chevron disappear.

The shape of the chevron is determined by Fonts & System Metrics > MENUFONT:FONT.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:04:36 pm by 3am » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:15:27 pm »

Anyway, the point is that this chevron is a font and not an image.

I don't know why this is the case for just this one particular chevron.

Thanks for asking about it. Otherwise I would never have known.
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 08:53:17 am »

Many thanks for helping me!

I played a long around colors (fill, accent, etc.) and it seems they are used in styles of vista-simple and windows classic.

But now I have an other question:

I vould like if the common places' toolbar text color would change on mouse over (hot) event. How can I do it? I've played with several toolbar>Button>Hot:TextColor, but without any succes.
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »

INFO: About fill, accent and other colors, seem not to be used.

When the system memory resource falling down then Vista reduces the overusing of alpha blending and switches to so called half-simple-mode. First will be switched of the images used on mouse over events and they will be replaced with simple color filling (Some replacement colors are used from msstyle file, where they are declared, and the others are from shellstyle.dll)

(I was editing many images simultaneously and downloaded some updates and was listening music and then I recognized, that the common places modul has changed. On mouse over event I have seen the liliac testcolor I've set.)
shepherd_h
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 10:24:21 pm »

Common Places fonts and colors are here:

Explorer & Shell > Shell > CommonPlaces > Toolbar > <default>
> Normal
>Hot
>Pressed

(And nothing to do with shellstyle! Just adding font and color props to the states and it will work!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: