Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadows  (Read 9643 times)
nilanko
Beginner

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2010, 02:02:53 pm »

I want to add white shadows to the caption bar text. I am modifying the Windows 7 basic theme. Please tell me how to do that. Smiley
rajtheeban
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:24:22 pm »

For the basic mode, I think there is a stylehack for this, installed by default (Mac OS X TitleBar Effect)

To do it manually, go to : Windows and Caption Buttons > Basic > Caption and add (click on "Add property")
- TEXTSHADOWOFFSET:POSITION (0,1 for example)
- TEXTSHADOWCOLOR:COLOR (white)
- TEXTSHADOWTYPE:ENUM (single)
nilanko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 12:59:57 pm »

For the basic mode, I think there is a stylehack for this, installed by default (Mac OS X TitleBar Effect)

To do it manually, go to : Windows and Caption Buttons > Basic > Caption and add (click on "Add property")
I did that but the shadow appears only when the window is inactive and not on an active window. Sad
nilanko
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 01:01:09 pm »

Actually this works if the shadow style is set to "single" but not with "continuous". If I set it to continuous, the shadow appears only with inactive windows and not with active windows. I want to apply the "continuous" shadow to both active/inactive windows.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:35:12 pm by nilanko » Logged
DerekHauffe
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 12:20:06 am »

Using (a purchased version of) WSB 1.5.0.0, I'm trying to add shadows to the Aero-style caption buttons. I've tried:

Code:
Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > Window > Caption > Active: Add Property TEXTSHADOWTYPE:ENUM SINGLE
Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > Window > Caption > Active: Add Property TEXTSHADOWCOLOR:COLOR Black (or any other color, for that matter)
Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > Window > Caption > Active: Add Property TEXTSHADOWOFFSET:POSITION 0, 1 (and 1, 1)

I've also added identical values to ...Inactive as well. No visible change at all. I've also added these values to the "Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > Window > Caption" class without going into Active or inactive -- no go.

I also added these values to "Windows and Caption Buttons > Basic > Caption", "Windows and Caption Buttons > Basic > Caption > Active" and "Windows and Caption Buttons > Basic > Caption > Inactive" -- no go.

What am I missing? Does it matter if the Position values are in parentheses (I haven't been using parentheses since sizing margins and content margins aren't in parentheses).

Thanks!

Derek

P.S. I've also tried applying the StyleHack mentioned above, but the StyleHacks that come with the program don't appear to actually work for me.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:24:50 am by DerekHauffe » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 01:44:33 am »

Most of what you are saying doesn't make sense.

1) If you are working in Aero the Caption Buttons & Glyphs are at Windows and Caption Buttons > Aero > Dwm Window > Restore/Maximize Button > Button etc.

2) If you are talking about buttons why are you adding text shadow properties? Are you sure you don't mean the Caption Text which is in Fonts & System Metrics?

3) You don't need parentheses

4) Most of the Stylehacks don't work in Windows 7 ( they were made for Vista and haven't been updated)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:48:24 am by 3am » Logged
DerekHauffe
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:13:14 pm »

My bad. I'm not actually interested in changing the buttons at all. I'm interested in adding a shadow to the window titles -- the area that in an unmodified version of Aero is black with a white blur behind it. I see how to change the white blur to something else, but how do I cause the text to have a shadow?

Derek
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: