Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Desktop Window Manager has Stopped Working"  (Read 7521 times)
BoneyardBrew
Beginner

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2010, 02:36:25 am »

I've been working on my first Visual Style and everything has been going smoothly so far aside from one problem. Anytime Aero Peek or a Thumbnail Preview is triggered the desktop locks up and it throws me the error message "Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed".

It then reverts to the Basic theme and I am forced to reapply a theme with Aero enabled and start over. I first noticed this happening sometime after I replaced all frame images and shadows, and disabled the reflections from the default frame.

I hope someone here can help! Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:11:54 am by BoneyardBrew » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 04:27:28 am »

Have you deleted any properties?
BoneyardBrew
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 05:05:43 am »

Have you deleted any properties?
I'm pretty sure I haven't.

I also went back and checked a few images that I thought could be the problem and double checked their properties compared to the original Aero and they all seem to match up.

The only property that consistently appeared different (that I didn't change myself) between the two themes was the ATLASRECT:RECT property.

Edit:
I went back and found that under the Reflections section I had added a property and removed the main reflection image. If I try to import it again the program crashes.

Update:
Alright, I finally managed to get the image imported and now the issue is gone. Thanks for suggesting checking over my properties,  otherwise I may not have found the problematic image and property.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:25:03 am by BoneyardBrew » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: